Customization of Wii Channels and Art Work...

MPP321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi friends. I'm new here. Recently I have done a dive into modding my wii. Being that I am not a super tech guy, I have been doing a pretty good job thus far, imo.

However at this point, I am trying to customize my wii by creating shortcuts to specific games on the wii menu using emulator (nes, snes, sega) AND I am also trying to create covers/art for all the roms in addition to pictures for the wii menu channels (change to single non animated pics, I hate that all the channels are moving and flipping all the time).

I am running a Mac (catalina). I have tried downloading WiiGSC and CustomizeMii for these features.

I used Unarchiver to deal with the Rar files.

However when trying to install the .exe files with both wine bottler and PlayonMac - I have failed on both

Any tips and pointers for me guys/gals? I have done quite a bit of research here and elsewhere but just keep running into road blocks because I have the mac and likely a lack of experience. All help appreciated : )

Mike

MPP321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I create a channel shortcut to a specific game, lets say super mario 3, and have it load right into the emulator? This would allow easy save states rather than the way the virtual games are set up?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

MPP321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess before i do that deep dive which i will, while using customizemii, i want to stop all animation on my channels shortcuts to emulators. Just a straight clean picture. We all have enough add as it is haha

Do i need a certain wad file that already has no animation, or can i get rid of animation somehow. Wont let me delete files within customize mii. All help appreciated

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/wii-channel-maker-zip.275223/

Here are some base wads but you can just about use any channel you want as a base.

I don't think I've come across any channels that don't have some sort of animation. You can simply replace "animated.tpl" with a transparent image. I'm not sure if @SaulFabre provides or recommends any base.wads, maybe he can direct you more.

MPP321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/wii-channel-maker-zip.275223/

Here are some base wads but you can just about use any channel you want as a base.

I don't think I've come across any channels that don't have some sort of animation. You can simply replace "animated.tpl" with a transparent image. I'm not sure if @SaulFabre provides or recommends any base.wads, maybe he can direct you more.
Thanks much for the base wads. Beginning to understand

So mainly im playing with basewad 5 you linked. Nice and basic. I can choose a nice background color and simple image.

However the image seems to always come out all crappy. Either words like supernintendo or a pic of the system, it seems to come out all stretched. Any tips?

Also how exactly does the transparent option for the icons work? Sometimes it will keep the white border around the image i use so if the background isnt white it looks silly

I know its basic stuff but i am working at it!

Thank you again

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i normally do is, say if the background image is 320x240. I take a matte image drop into Gimp or Photoshop etc. then resize it to 320x240 and save. Then take that image and drop it into Gimp once again and place the file, make it transparent, then drop your Nintendo logo on top of that image in Gimp. You should be able to stretch or squish the logo image to your desired look.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill send you a few examples in a minute.

One with animations transparent with logo placed on top of background. The other with background and the logo used as the animation. Youll see the sizing difference but the files used were the same.

MPP321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go.
Thank you for these.

I have made much progess thus far. I'll see if i can attach a picture but I'm a new member and not sure if it will work

Two questions: 1) Is there an archive or something of .wav files I can download to add to the banners? archive for just banners for specific apps/emulators as well?

2)I find that Not64 isn't the friendliest of emulators. I'd like to do away with it and just play direct wad VC files . Is there way I can open my shortcut to N64, but it opens to
another menu page (like home page) - and within there contains like 6 wad files to N64 games, completely doing away with the emulator? I could have swore I saw a youtube video of something like that

Once again, all help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 82

MPP321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found and used static base wads to create those forwarders. Luckily, I found out that my lady is pretty good with photoshop so she was a huge help in the design. They have no animation for the icons, animation only for the banners. I would gladly share these files if anyone is interested

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm