Hacking Custom Wad Manager Channel

Inpression

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have a custom wad manager channel list every Wiiware and VC game on the storage unit, and only install a single one on demand, deleting it after play. It won't solve the Wii's lack of space but it'd be way more convenient.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By storage unit I take it you mean SD card/USB stick?

If so then I think it is a good idea, but the wad manager would have to launch the game and then remove it once you quit it.

Is that what you mean?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seeing your post count i know you've been around awhile, so ill accept the tired excuse as valid
wink.gif

Flash memory degrades with use. Though it wouldn't be an issue for several (hundred) thousand writes and erases, if we were to institute something like this it wouldnt be long before we had wii's dying due to worn out memory, especially if it happens to be the same memory space written to each time. This is another reason i think Ninty is going to release a play directly from SD card, instead of a temporary copy back and forth solution.

Inpression

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madtamski said:
By storage unit I take it you mean SD card/USB stick?

If so then I think it is a good idea, but the wad manager would have to launch the game and then remove it once you quit it.

Is that what you mean?

Yeah, that was the basic concept. Well, it was just an idea, I like to think I wouldn't abuse it but I probably would.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, the good old flash degradation bit. Looking back on this, that makes sense. With the falling cost of SD cards (even in larger SDHC capacities) I think you are correct in assuming it's only a matter of time until we'd be able to only have the tickets on the drive with the actual game being on the SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)