[Custom VC GBA] Nes Classics Zelda works very slow

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by kinder_bueno, Feb 7, 2016.

1. kinder_bueno
    OP

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    Hi,

like above - I've tried to convert Nes Classics Legend of Zelda to GBA VC CIA and it run but very slow, I mean enemies animation is just right but Link/menu reacts to controls with very big lag. Did anyone of you try to convert any nes classics game and was successful?

2. Rinnen

Rinnen Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Brazil
    Sorry,but wouldn't be better to get the actual "The Legend of Zelda" for the NES VC?

CeeDee likes this.
  3. kinder_bueno
    OP

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    I suppose that other nes classics may have the same issue as well - that's why I'm still looking for a solution :)

4. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    What about using the NES rom and injecting that into a NES vc instead of the gba one. You could also use a custom agb_firm which would probably run all gba games at full speed.

5. kinder_bueno
    OP

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    That's good idea :D And for custom AGB_FIRM: I am using the one patched from that iso site - did you mean this one or something else?

6. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I meant that one (which is the same as the one from gbatemp anyways). Intresting though that it has slowdowns on agb_firm as it's pretty much running on real gba hardware at that point...

7. kinder_bueno
    OP

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    Those nes classics games make use of memory differently than regular gba game so that's why those problems occur, on visuaboyadvance the problem can be solved either using settings memory mirroring or using IPS patch on the particular game.