Hacking Custom VC Channel Icons Glitchy

unfy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this goes in Wii Hacking, Homebrew Games, or Emulation. Feel free to move it if I've posted incorrectly.

I've been trying my hand at Injecting roms into VC wads, of games that I do own cartridges of mind you.

I've had mostly success except for one minor issue. The VC Channel icons are all glitchy.

The large image after you click on the channel, and save icons are fine, it's just the channel button.
Both the image and the system logo that transition back and forth are unreadable.

I've tried the orangechicken youtube guide, I get the same thing the guy that replied to his video gets, glitchy icons.
I tried using both tplconv by gally and VC_Icon_Gen by HowardC, and I get the same result.

Anyone have any tips on how to correct this?

The games work fine, I just hate how ugly the icons look.

unfy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would appreciate that, I can only find version 10. Thanks.

So is there some sort of compatibility issue with the new version or something?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ran into the same problem with one of my TPL's also.

Just reopen a fresh TPL file, add the image you want.. Make sure it's the correct size of the previous one, and then save it. Use u8pack to add your new TPL file to the banner.bin file and save the archive with "U8 file signed with MD5" (Archivo U8 firmado con MD5) checked. Then open 00000000.app and replace it's banner.bin with the new one you just created. And save with "U8 file signed with MD5" (Archivo U8 firmado con MD5) checked. Make sure to add the channel name to all 7 slots on the right before you save though.

Then drag all your files to the main directory and get em repacked.

Here's the best guide for editing banners and whatnot:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91206&st=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended