Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a softmodded Xbox, which I love, and I've always toyed with the idea of putting some songs in it to use with the games that support custom soundtrack, like GTA:SA or Burnout. The thing is, almost my entire collection (save for The Who CDs, mostly) is in MP3. I know I can transfer MP3s to my Xbox and use XBMC to play them, but I was wondering, can I use them with those games? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to use them for my custom soundtracks, but then, is there a way I can convert my MP3s in my PC to something I can use in my Xbox? I seriously don't want to burn a CD just to rip it with my 'Box
frown.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No you can't use the mp3s. They have to be .wma files ,you can convert them on the pc , then use something like xbox soundtrack editor to send them across to the xbox.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
No you can't use the mp3s. They have to be .wma files ,you can convert them on the pc , then use something like xbox soundtrack editor to send them across to the xbox.

QUOTE(legendofphil @ Mar 20 2008, 08:51 AM) You also can't burn a CD and rip them, Xbox doesn't read CD-R, might work with CD-RW.

I'll try with that Soundtrack Editor. If it doesn't work, I'll use a CDRW
frown.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
legendofphil said:
You also can't burn a CD and rip them, Xbox doesn't read CD-R, might work with CD-RW.

That depends on the drive , the samsung drives will read cd-rs fine. Only the 605Bs though , the 605F drives that microsoft changed to later in the xbox's life are bad
frown.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
legendofphil said:
You also can't burn a CD and rip them, Xbox doesn't read CD-R, might work with CD-RW.

QUOTE(Armadillo @ Mar 20 2008, 12:50 AM) No you can't use the mp3s. They have to be .wma files ,you can convert them on the pc , then use something like xbox soundtrack editor to send them across to the xbox.

really? i guess that will be a feature i won't bother with if i get a xbox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.