Custom tracks on some games...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by Joey Ravn, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Joey Ravn
    OP

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    I have a softmodded Xbox, which I love, and I've always toyed with the idea of putting some songs in it to use with the games that support custom soundtrack, like GTA:SA or Burnout. The thing is, almost my entire collection (save for The Who CDs, mostly) is in MP3. I know I can transfer MP3s to my Xbox and use XBMC to play them, but I was wondering, can I use them with those games? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to use them for my custom soundtracks, but then, is there a way I can convert my MP3s in my PC to something I can use in my Xbox? I seriously don't want to burn a CD just to rip it with my 'Box [​IMG]

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    No you can't use the mp3s. They have to be .wma files ,you can convert them on the pc , then use something like xbox soundtrack editor to send them across to the xbox.

3. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    You also can't burn a CD and rip them, Xbox doesn't read CD-R, might work with CD-RW.

4. Joey Ravn
    OP

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    I'll try with that Soundtrack Editor. If it doesn't work, I'll use a CDRW [​IMG]

5. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    That depends on the drive , the samsung drives will read cd-rs fine. Only the 605Bs though , the 605F drives that microsoft changed to later in the xbox's life are bad [​IMG].

6. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    really? i guess that will be a feature i won't bother with if i get a xbox.