Gaming Custom Theme freezes PSP on boot.

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago, I was browsing a theme website on my PSP. And since the PSP is awesome and let's you download files, I was downloading a few themes for my firmware, 5.00 M33-6. I went under Theme Settings to change my theme to my custom one, so I selected it, the PSP rebooted fine, and my theme came up. All worked well until last night when I turned the PSP on, and on the screen, it showed PART of my theme. It was weird too because it shows the Classic background along with a part of my theme. And it freezes the PSP completely. I even tried Disabling CXMB through the plugins in the Recovery Menu.

When I take the MS out, it boots up to the normal official theme, so it works without the MS in, but when I put the MS in AFTER I boot it up without it, I can't change the theme. So I decided to open up PSPFile and delete the .ctf file that was my main theme and see if that helps......It doesn't. Even with the .ctf file deleted out of the THEME folder, it still freezes and shows part of the theme.

I just need to know if there's any way possible to delete the theme by toggling USB Flash0 and/or Flash1 through the Recovery Menu and changing the theme through that?

I hope all this was clear, as this problem is very very confusing. If you need more answers about anything, just please ask.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Wow. I am VERYYYYYYYYYYYY stupid as hell. I guess the theme that I deleted through PSPFile wasn't the right one. I now just deleted another one that sounded close to the one that was making it freeze, now it's all working well.

EDIT2: Okay I guess not...Now when I try and select a new custom theme, it says, "An internal error has occurred (80108351)"

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just officially fixed it.

After typing the error in Google, I came across a YouTube video showing how to fix it.

They toggled USB Flash1, and created a folder called, "vsh", and then inside that, made another folder called, "theme", and then exited, and the theme applied for him perfectly.

When I was under Flash 1, there was no "theme" folder in my "vsh" folder. I guess that caused it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.