Custom Rock Band and Guitar Hero Songs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LightyKD, Oct 10, 2012.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Has anyone figured out how to make custom Rock Band or Guitar Hero songs or use the one available on the interwebz?

I ran into this a few minutes ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFfpucncYk4&feature=related

The corresponding file is a .rba file. I remember using a Frets on Fire homebrew port a while back but I wonder what music game options are out there now?

2. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Are you serious? lol. Customs for GH and RB have been going for like 5 years. Look over at ScoreHero forums for tutorials.

3. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    LOL I have been out of the GH custom scene for a while. Thanks for the reminder of "Score Hero". Last time I checked that site was when Guitar Fun was first released for Wii Homebrew.

4. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    No problem. A lot of their charts were lost when savefile went down, but there's still a bunch around there and elsewhere online.

5. lovewiibrew

lovewiibrew Sifjar is a pirate

Oct 9, 2010
    United States
    fretsonfire is the best place to find charts. You can easily convert them in feedback for use in GH customs. I have made a few custom games for GH3 on the PS2. I don't know how to do it for the wii but I assume you can still use the charts that feedback creates. As for RB customs, again, FoF has some info on making them.