Hacking Custom N64VC injection, analog stick not working

ryuchuuuuuun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm not sure how to get a dump or log from my Wii to post it since I'm brand new to the site, but I've had my Wii modded for a while.

I recently have been interested in playing some Zelda N64 rom hacks, and I used saulfabreg's injection tools (N64romc_iNJECT.exe specifically) to inject my patched N64 rom into a Majora's Mask wad. The wad installed fine and it works, and I have 3rd party Gamecube controllers I use for my vanilla MM/OOT VC games that work great, but the analog sticks of both controllers do nothing when trying to play this custom wad inject. I can't find any information on it.

Please let me know if there's specific information I need to provide, as well as how to get such logs/dumps. Thank you!

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello. :)
Hi! I'm not sure how to get a dump or log from my Wii to post it since I'm brand new to the site, but I've had my Wii modded for a while.

I recently have been interested in playing some Zelda N64 rom hacks, and I used saulfabreg's injection tools (N64romc_iNJECT.exe specifically) to inject my patched N64 rom into a Majora's Mask wad. The wad installed fine and it works, and I have 3rd party Gamecube controllers I use for my vanilla MM/OOT VC games that work great, but the analog sticks of both controllers do nothing when trying to play this custom wad inject. I can't find any information on it.

Please let me know if there's specific information I need to provide, as well as how to get such logs/dumps. Thank you!
You aren't telling us: are you trying to play romhacks of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Zelda: Majora's Mask (both for N64) as Wii VC iNJECTED channels? I need that info for tell you some steps and guidelines, I'm the creator of N64romc_iNJECT.exe ;)

Greetings :D

EDIT: I've seen that user glankk (https://github.com/glankk/gz) made some memory/controller patches for Zelda OoT official VC release for Wii, which is very useful if you want to inject Zelda OoT romhacks in the official WAD of Zelda OoT (without any compression in its ROM file). This patch later is used in krimtonz's gzinject tool (https://github.com/krimtonz/gzinject) which can be used for apply glankk's memory/controller patches to OoT WAD, which works also with GameCube controllers.

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: ryuchuuuuuun

ryuchuuuuuun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you for the response and sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

I'm looking to play Nimpize, a romhack for Ocarina of Time!
I have patched the original N64 rom of Ocarina of Time, and when opening it in Project64 it does indeed load as Nimpize!

I just can't seem to get it to work properly once injected into a Majora's Mask wad. For this particular romhack I haven't tried using an Ocarina of Time wad file for injection yet. The buttons work, but the joystick/analog stick does not. Hopefully this answers your question! Thanks for getting back to me.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello, thank you for the response and sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

I'm looking to play Nimpize, a romhack for Ocarina of Time!
I have patched the original N64 rom of Ocarina of Time, and when opening it in Project64 it does indeed load as Nimpize!

I just can't seem to get it to work properly once injected into a Majora's Mask wad. For this particular romhack I haven't tried using an Ocarina of Time wad file for injection yet. The buttons work, but the joystick/analog stick does not. Hopefully this answers your question! Thanks for getting back to me.
Well, you tell us that your romhack is a Zelda OoT hack.
Then try using the official WAD of Zelda OoT for the injection.
Use gzinject with its included patches (https://github.com/krimtonz/gzinject) for the VC injection of the romhack.
Or you can use this GUI https://github.com/AriaHiro64/Cafinject-Gui for inject it, it's based on gzinject and also uses these patches ;)

Reactions: ryuchuuuuuun

ryuchuuuuuun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you tell us that your romhack is a Zelda OoT hack.
Then try using the official WAD of Zelda OoT for the injection.
Use gzinject with its included patches (link snipped) for the VC injection of the romhack
Or you can use this GUI (link snipped) for inject it, it's based on gzinject and also uses these patches ;)
I'll try this, thank you! Only reason I was using an MM wad over an OOT one was because I didn't think the wad used for injection would matter, I'll try an OOT wad with this injector! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1