ROM Hack Custom Music for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

darklink1010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I made some custom music files for the Ultra sun and Ultra Moon, I have tested both Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and both work just fine, tested Ultra Moon as a Gamecard test and ultra Sun with a non game-card test, both work just fine. You need CFW, Luma, and God Mode 9 to get these to work, if you don't know how to install CFW, Luma, and God Mode 9, google is your friend. Most of the music files were remixed by a Youtuber by the name of GlitchXCity, I do not take credit for these songs, I only looped them, amplified the sound slightly to make sure they are loud enough so that they are louder then the SFX, and converted them to files that the 3ds CFW can run. There is only one song that wasn't remixed by GlitchXCity in this list and that one is the Lysandre Battle theme Remixed by VanilluxePavilion. Remember To Enable Game Patching in the Luma Menu
If you liked the music, please consider checking out GlitchXCity's and VanilluxePavilion's Youtube channels, they have other songs that I didn't put in this pack that I thought were really good

The songs that I replaced are the following
  • Trainer Battle V1 (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Sinnoh Trainer Battle Remix")
  • Trainer Battle V2 (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Sinnoh Gym Leader Battle Remix")
  • Wild Encounter (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Johto Trainer Battle Remix")
  • Kahuna Battle (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Hoenn Gym Leader Remix")
  • Legendary Pokemon Solgaleo and Lunala (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Mystery Dungeon Primal Dialga Remix")
  • Battle! Hau V1 (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Johto Rival Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Hau V2 (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Johto Rival Battle Remix V.II")
  • Battle! Totem Pokemon (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Showdown in Kanto! (Pokémon Mix)")
  • Battle! Team Skull (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Sun and Moon Team Skull Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Team Skull Admin (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Team Galactic Battle Remix V.II")
  • Battle! Team Skull Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Prince N Final Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Lusamine (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Hoenn Elite 4 Remix")
  • Battle! Ultra Beast (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Giratina Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Elite Four (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Black and White Elite 4 Remix")
  • Battle! Team Rainbow Rocket (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Team Rocket Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Team Rocket Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Johto Boss Remix V.II")
  • Battle! Team Aqua/Magma Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Team Aqua-Magma Boss Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Team Flare Boss (replaced with VanilluxePavilion's VS Team Flare Boss Lysandre [Remix] "Perspective")
  • Battle! Galactic Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Diamond and Pearl Cyrus Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Plasma Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Black and White 2 Corless Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Aether Foundation (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Team Plasma Remix")
  • Battle! Champion (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Champion Cynthia Battle Remix")

Where to install:
For Pokemon Ultra Sun, you will want to extract the data folder and place it in F:\luma\TITLES\00040000001B5000\romfs

For Pokemon Ultra Moon, you will want to extract the data folder and place it in F:\luma\TITLES\00040000001B5100\romfs
(Note that "F:" is your SD card Name, at least mine is, yours might be different)

All rights to the songs are reserved by Nintendo

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dku8dkcraollbhr/music.zip

In game example recorded by me (sorry for the poor quality, I don't have anything other then my phone to record with): The two custom music files that are used are the Trainer Battle V1 replaced by "Sinnoh Trainer Battle Remix" and the Wild Pokemon Encounter replaced by "Johto Trainer battle remix"

Q&A
  • Q:How do I (Insert Question here)?
  • A: Google it, I'm sorry, but I really am not all that experienced or qualified to help you with issues or modding, and I don't want to try and help someone who I know I can't help
  • Q: Why did you want to replace the songs that were in the game?
  • A: I got bored of most of the songs that they put in the games, I have already played through Ultra Sun and Moon like 3 different times, and the OG themes just get boring after a while
  • Q: Why didn't you replace Ultra Recon Squad/ Necrozma Fight V1/ Necrozma Fight V2
  • A: I didn't feel like it was necessary to, plus I couldn't find any songs that I felt could replace them, If you find something that can go over these themes, that fits well, please message me
  • Q: Are you going to take song requests in the future?
  • A: I might, it depends on how I feel, and if I have time to, I am currently in college working on a computer science degree.
If You Want To learn how to make your own custom music files, refer to this awesome tutorial by Don't Care :

Last edited by darklink1010,

darklink1010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lad I thought there wasn't a way to put custom music, I'm tired of the silly new battle music. I'd like to add the 4th gen music :P

Anyway gonna try, thanks!
Cool, thanks for trying it, also I love the gen 4 music, probably my personal favorite gen

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I made some custom music files for the Ultra sun and Ultra Moon, I have tested both Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and both work just fine, tested Ultra Moon as a Gamecard test and ultra Sun with a non game-card test, both work just fine. You need CFW, Luma, and God Mode 9 to get these to work, if you don't know how to install CFW, Luma, and God Mode 9, google is your friend. Most of the music files were remixed by a Youtuber by the name of GlitchXCity, I do not take credit for these songs, I only looped them, amplified the sound slightly to make sure they are loud enough so that they are louder then the SFX, and converted them to files that the 3ds CFW can run. There is only one song that wasn't remixed by GlitchXCity in this list and that one is the Lysandre Battle theme Remixed by VanilluxePavilion. Remember To Enable Game Patching in the Luma Menu
If you liked the music, please consider checking out GlitchXCity's and VanilluxePavilion's Youtube channels, they have other songs that I didn't put in this pack that I thought were really good

• Trainer Battle V2 (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Sinnoh Gym Leader Battle Remix")
  • Legendary Pokemon Solgaleo and Lunala (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Mystery Dungeon Primal Dialga Remix")
  • Battle! Totem Pokemon (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Showdown in Kanto! (Pokémon Mix)")
  • Battle! Team Skull (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Sun and Moon Team Skull Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Team Skull Admin (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Team Galactic Battle Remix V.II")
  • Battle! Team Skull Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Prince N Final Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Elite Four (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Black and White Elite 4 Remix")
  • Battle! Team Rainbow Rocket (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Team Rocket Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Team Rocket Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Johto Boss Remix V.II")
  • Battle! Team Aqua/Magma Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Team Aqua-Magma Boss Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Team Flare Boss (replaced with VanilluxePavilion's VS Team Flare Boss Lysandre [Remix] "Perspective")
  • Battle! Galactic Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Diamond and Pearl Cyrus Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Plasma Boss (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Black and White 2 Corless Battle Remix")
  • Battle! Champion (replaced with GlitchXCity's "Champion Cynthia Battle Remix")

Where to install:
For Pokemon Ultra Sun, you will want to extract the data folder and place it in F:\luma\TITLES\00040000001B5000\romfs

For Pokemon Ultra Moon, you will want to extract the data folder and place it in F:\luma\TITLES\00040000001B5100\romfs
(Note that "F:" is your SD card Name, at least mine is, yours might be different)

In game example recorded by me (sorry for the poor quality, I don't have anything other then my phone to record with): The two custom music files that are used are the Trainer Battle V1 replaced by "Sinnoh Trainer Battle Remix" and the Wild Pokemon Encounter replaced by "Johto Trainer battle remix"

Q&A
  • A: Google it, I'm sorry, but I really am not all that experienced or qualified to help you with issues or modding, and I don't want to try and help someone who I know I can't help
  • A: I got bored of most of the songs that they put in the games, I have already played through Ultra Sun and Moon like 3 different times, and the OG themes just get boring after a while
  • Q: Why didn't you replace Ultra Recon Squad/ Necrozma Fight V1/ Necrozma Fight V2
  • A: I didn't feel like it was necessary to, plus I couldn't find any songs that I felt could replace them, If you find something that can go over these themes, that fits well, please message me
  • A: I might, it depends on how I feel, and if I have time to, I am currently in college working on a computer science degree.
If You Want To learn how to make your own custom music files, refer to this awesome tutorial by Don't Care :

Where to install:

Q&A

Plz help when I get the the BRSTM conversion tool I get an error when I try opening this program can I skip that part or I can’t plz help

Last edited by AlexRodriguez_2020,

darklink1010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plz help when I get the the BRSTM conversion tool I get an error when I try opening this program can I skip that part or I can’t plz help
Well, that might be a problem with your computer, did you try running it as admin? Did you try reinstalling it? It may have a 32 bit and a 64 bit version, so try both of those if they are a thing, next, the file that you're trying to convert can't have strange symbols in its name, so if it does, it will freeze the program. What are your PC specs?

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that might be a problem with your computer, did you try running it as admin? Did you try reinstalling it? It may have a 32 bit and a 64 bit version, so try both of those if they are a thing, next, the file that you're trying to convert can't have strange symbols in its name, so if it does, it will freeze the program. What are your PC specs?
No I did not run it as admin. Yes I reinstall it like 4 times and I think it a 32 bit but on the computer there a sticker that says 64bit. And the specs idk it a old laptop but the name of the laptop is gateway. I have the music file ready all I need this that program and the final step idk if ur willing to help me but if u do I'll be grateful.

darklink1010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I did not run it as admin. Yes I reinstall it like 4 times and I think it a 32 bit but on the computer there a sticker that says 64bit. And the specs idk it a old laptop but the name of the laptop is gateway. I have the music file ready all I need this that program and the final step idk if ur willing to help me but if u do I'll be grateful.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-brstm-bcstm-conversion-tool-beta.378702/
Try and download the latest version from this link above

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, but I wanna replace the Surf music with [ironically] Hyper Potion's Surf, because that song just makes my day. How exactly did you change the music?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards