custom-install - Install CIAs to a Nintendo 3DS SD card entirely on PC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ihaveamac, Nov 4, 2019.

1. NekoBit

NekoBit Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2019
    United States
    You need python installed, then run that command in the directory (cd into it) in the command prompt.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You should just be able to double click the gui-custominstall.py file from the looks. (sorry for the late response)

Last edited by NekoBit, Nov 18, 2019
    b17bomber and supergamer368 like this.
  2. robyspy

robyspy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    It doesn't matter, I understand that everyone has their own commitments.
    oh yes, the gui has opened, can you see from the image if all is well? thanks again for everything.

Custom-Install GUI.PNG

NekoBit likes this.
  3. BEEMOO

BEEMOO Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Hey nice app!

Would you be able to make this compatible with WIreless SD card manager (you can find it in settings) and or FTP? So that we don't have to remove the sd card from the 3ds

4. anindefiniteuser9

anindefiniteuser9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    United States
    I have two problems, the program can't finish the install of Yoshi Woolly World whout giving me an error related to the index or something, I have my cias on the program's folder, and i can install 5 cias (the yoshi one is n 6 on the queque) without errors but the games won't show up on the home menu after using the 3dsx app (that gave me no errors), I only managed to "sucessfully" install Pokemon Us, Um, S, Or and X. I tried reinstalling Phyton but it didn't work, and i downloaded a seeddb.bin and put inside my appdata folder and inside the 3ds folder on my sd root, i also installed pycryptodomex sucessfully. What am i doing wrong?

5. ObbyDent

ObbyDent Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2019
    United States
    man i cant even figure out how to install python lol

6. Zen11

Zen11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United States
    Hi, someone can explain me why i get this error? please.

Attached Files:

7. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    error is a result of the dbs (and it's files) missing. In order to solve it, just download a update through the 3ds, which then will generate those files. I would then recommend deleting the update itself through the 3ds. And then backing up the dbs file. Incase you delete all content again on the system, and don't want to regen the file.

Last edited by monkeyman4412, Nov 22, 2019
  8. Zen11

Zen11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United States
    Sorry for my ignorance, i need to update the 3ds itself? or i need to update another thing?

9. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    update a game, or download a title/game/application.

10. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2016
    Venezuela
    How can I use the program without putting the .cia in the SD? Why what I read in the github tutorial only mentions SD

EDIT: Oh no, I have a problem, all my games disappeared, what do I do?

EDIT2: Well, i have backup of my savedatas, other question: If I wanted to install more than one .cia how would it be? I've put it like this and just install the first one: py -3 custom-install.py -b boot9.bin -m movable.sed --sd F:\ D:\BS.cia 7.cia

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba, Nov 27, 2019
  11. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Can't wait for the GUI to be integrated!

12. Tymerias

Tymerias Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2019
    Germany
    Thank you very much for your nice Tool.
    But i have a problem. I installed a bunch cias and then wanted to use the custom-install-finalize.3dsx . But i have only the first and the last game in my Menu. The others arent shown. But i have a lot of files in my Nintendo 3ds folder so they must be installed. But what did i wrong ?

13. robyspy

robyspy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    I don't know what because this happens, but have you tried restarting the console and the custom-install-finalize.3dsx?

14. Tymerias

Tymerias Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2019
    Germany
    Yes tryed restart the DS and reuse of the custom-install-finalize.3dsx but dont helped. I dont closed the cia installer after each file. just clicked cia file and choosed the next. Caused this the Problem ?

15. masenko

masenko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Nottingham, England
    this happens to me too. i think the gui is overriding cifinish.bin each time you install a new cia so when you go to finalize it will only show the last one you installed. don't know if @NekoBit could fix this

16. Tymerias

Tymerias Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2019
    Germany
    Seems thats the Problem. But then it should be noted in the first Post. YOu dont save a lot of time, if you need to switch the SDCard after each Cia. A small warning is enought that you cant batch install with that tool. After all its faster to install cias from SDCard wia FBI Batch. With that bug

17. CainhurstKnight

CainhurstKnight Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    United States
    Hey @NekoBit, thanks a lot for this. Way faster than FBI directly.

But I have a problem, using the gui version. I first batch installed 31 games, after this I tried to run the custom-install-finalize.3dsx in the homebrew. The message i got:
    Couldn't find TITLE magic for entry, skipping.

Then I used the faketik and it "solved", the games appeared in the home screen. But when I tried to open the games:
    An error ocurred (ErrDisp)
    Error type: generic
    Process ID: 67115840
    Address: 0x00000d1a
    Error code: 0x000000d1

Press any button to reboot.

Before I saw this error, I installed 2 games, got the same error from custom-install-finalize.3dsx, but faketik fixed the tickets and both games opened normally. Then I made the other installation with more 2 games and both worked the same way.

The only problem is with the first 31 games installed... Any clues?

18. CainhurstKnight

CainhurstKnight Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    United States
    Update: By going in FBI - Titles - Import Seed, solve the problem!

19. Loko4

Loko4 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Tested and worked flawless, thanks very much. A really save time homebrew;

20. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    Gainesville, FL
    Here you go. Here's a simple bat file thrown together.
    Install python for windows.
    Copy all of the custom-install files and the run.bat file into C:\3DSinstall\
    Now just drag all of the cia files you want over the bat file at once, and it'll ask for the USB drive letter and then install to that drive.

Edit: and as other's have had issues with, you'll need to run this file once, and then finalize on the 3ds. If you run it multiple times, it will overwrite the finalize file. But you can still install a group of files with this. How I got around it was just copying a group of cia files into a separate folder from my collection, and then select all and drag those files over the run.bat file.

Attached Files:

• bat.zip
      File size:
      318 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited by hartleyshc, Dec 7, 2019
    Tymerias and AmandaRose like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted