ROM Hack custom-install - Install CIAs to a Nintendo 3DS SD card entirely on PC

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a simple minded "professional noob" I must ask is there any plans for a simpler gui based version?
Maybe at some point now that it's posted here. I'm not too familiar with gui libraries for Python so no estimations on when it will happen.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Wow! That's a complete game changer. Finally makes .cia installation bearable. Thanks a ton!

Please excuse me asking, but is something like that possible for Switch and .nsps?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Needed to open up my screen since the ribbon cable seems to be loose since opening the screen fully disables the screen but was being lazy and telling myself i would get to it. Thanks to this i will fix my 3ds today because i really need to test this

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Finally holy shit that took long enough.
I thought we'd have one within a month after all the keys were found.

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you explain how to use it for people that is not used to python neither to mess with command apps?

py -3 custom-install.py -b boot9.bin -m movable.sed --sd E:\ file.cia file2.cia
python3 custom-install.py -b boot9.bin -m movable.sed --sd /Volumes/GM9SD file.cia file2.cia
python3 custom-install.py -b boot9.bin -m movable.sed --sd /media/GM9SD file.cia file2.cia

I'm not sure I get it, if I want to install a CIA on my 3ds sd card and I have movable.sed and boot9.bin on C: drive , I have to use a command like this?:

py -3 custom-install.py -b C:\boot9.bin -m C:\movable.sed --sd E:\( I guess this is the root of the SD) C:\backups\file.cia(game1) c:\backups\file2.cia(game2)

is that correct? is there a way to install a large list of game backups without having to write all the game names? Something like a batch mode for example.

kultsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good stuff! Any way to batch install all the CIAs with one command, so one doesn't need to type in every one of them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-