Not open for further replies.

ravippe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made my own version of my 3ds. This is all doable at home, and even better you can UNDO it without any damage at all to the system.

Take Some Gold Wrapping Paper, any type. Make sure its metalic, so that it doesn't absorb water. Expensive ones 5.00 usually are tough and dont rip.
Cut the paper to normal 8.5 x 11 size normal paper. Feed it in your printer. Print whatever you want, I used photoshop of an image of the hyrule crest.
once i was happy with the size i used real gold paper.

Then i cut it out, with an exacto knife/scissors. Then used that zip dry glue to glue directly on the surface of the unit.

Now... everyone is like ON THE UNIT? dont worry this stuff is awsome, it rubs right out with your finger, so any glue around the edges that bleed, come right off like rubber cement. I made a few mistakes, but no sweat. I can even remove the whole thing later if i decide to change it.

Here are some pictures of the finished product
b_180518.jpg

b_180546.jpg

b_180603.jpg

b_180826.jpg

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow that looks awesome!
Just one little thing, when you fold it up, and people are watching you play.. they'll see an upside down zelda crest
wink.gif

ravippe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHha guess your right about the upside down thing. I like it so when its closed i can see the logo. like im opening a treasure chest haha.

I guess i can do them the other way thanks for the idea!

I was looking for like a week for stickers to put on, but they all suck!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ravippe: Yeah, it all depends on what You think is up and down, and when you decide to watch it
smile.gif

I would put it the other way around, just because (like any laptop with a logo on the lid) people will see it when I use it more than I will watch it closed
smile.gif
but it's just a matter of oppinions
smile.gif

Edit: made it more clear what I meant

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Now I have to think of something that would look good in Gold/Tin. Super Sonic maybe? Cat eyes? Winged Dragon of Ra?!? (That would be sexy, but cutting it out would be a paiiiiin.)

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Good to know you can remove the whole thing if you need to.

If it was me, I would have went with the plasticky foily wrapping paper instead of the actual paper stuff.

Still looks completely awesome, and I am so jealous right now, it makes me want to go buy a 3DS with my rent money.

ravippe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I put it in my pocket for like 5 hours and i noticed that the ends started to peel up!

hahaha i knew that would happen so i was like f#$ it, so i took it off I can easily make a new one.

I was thinking to make one out of a better material like a vynil material or a thin plastic type material so it glues better without the CURL up on the ends

Ill be posting some new ideas soon when i go to michaels craft store!

And dudes it wicked easy, just print it out through any printer, and cut it out with an exacto. I took about 1 hour to cut it out.

do it at work! ahhaha sometimes I do when im bored dealing with morons on the telephone.

The wrapping paper i used was actually waterproof i ran it under the tap to see, but it still was a bit flimsy for long term use.

Hard to find materials in gold! I found some ducktape they sell at walmart in the plumbing isle its called.... umm Metallic duck tape

it sticks really good and is perfectly silver and shiny! maybe someone could use that for a sonic logo or something else. Cut stick done...!

Or maybe a silver Triforce logo!

mmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr