Homebrew Custom Home Menu Possibilities (We have themes, fonts, badges so far)

Archexe

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
What else? Custom icons for Miiverse, Friends' List, Game Notes, etc?
Custom text for "Open" and "Manual" and the play coin sleep mode power off screen?
The ability to put installed games on the dock where Miiverse and the applets and stuff are?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What else? Custom icons for Miiverse, Friends' List, Game Notes, etc?
It's just graphics editing, so it's realistic!
Custom text for "Open" and "Manual" and the play coin sleep mode power off screen?
Already documented by Asia81!
The ability to put installed games on the dock where Miiverse and the applets and stuff are?
Those softwares are specially designed for multitasking, you can't replace them with a regular application

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It should be theoretically possible to completely replace the current home menu that we have with a fully custom home menu, if someone decides to actually develop one.
Also yifan's loader could lead to home menu patches that are applied on boot, but no one has tried that yet.

I think customizing the home menu could in the end be more complex and difficult than simply creating a new menu.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
It should be theoretically possible to completely replace the current home menu that we have with a fully custom home menu, if someone decides to actually develop one.
Also yifan's loader could lead to home menu patches that are applied on boot, but no one has tried that yet.

I think customizing the home menu could in the end be more complex and difficult than simply creating a new menu.
IMO someone should create a patched HOME Menu that adds a menu where Languages, Fonts, Mods, etc. can be enabled and disabled.

EDIT: This would make things so much easier.
I've been creating a translation for the HOME Menu for the second day now, and it's really annoying that I have to restore my emuNand backup every time I want to test it. And everyone who wants to try the updated versions has to do so too.

Last edited by smileyhead,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Well we can't do much actually, just color changing, text editing, font replacement, move parts of the UI and later we will (probably) be able to inject our own customized bclim without error. Nothing really usefull.
And every system apps have their own hud darc file so you'd have to edit all the system cia to get a proper "customized home menu"... Too much work for a simple color edit, don't you think ?

Archexe

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well we can't do much actually, just color changing, text editing, font replacement, move parts of the UI and later we will (probably) be able to inject our own customized bclim without error. Nothing really usefull.
And every system apps have their own hud darc file so you'd have to edit all the system cia to get a proper "customized home menu"... Too much work for a simple color edit, don't you think ?
You can use custom badges that redirect to the system app though :P
Custom bclim's would be great, moving parts of the UI is interesting too

Reactions: I pwned U!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night