Rngr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

I'm not a huge fan of the Haxchi load screens. They're nice but I wanted to add my own touch.

I Photoshopped some images I would like to use for my Haxchi loading screens and icons but I can't seem to do it right.

I've followed a guide online that says to save as Targa files and to ensure Alpha Channel is set to off on export with no compression but I can only get the WiiU Home Menu icon to work properly. When I click on the Haxchi icon it says "Preparing" but then says that the files installed have an issue and tells me to restart my WiiU.

I've deleted my Brain Age and reinstalled and reapplied the Haxchi patch and it doesn't work. Should I try erasing my SD Card again and trying it from a blank SD? I just wiped it yesterday but I have some Homebrew apps on it. Could those be causing issues on the Haxchi install or is it the images I've modified?

The file sizes of the images are slightly bigger on the WiiU gamepad and TV graphic (by about 1mb each). I wouldn't imagine that that would have an impact though, would it? I literally opened the Haxchi files from the haxchi folder you download and modified them in Photoshop as is (same resolution) and saved them as Targa (.tga).

Attached are sample .jpgs of the .tga files I made. I can upload the Targa files if anyone else is interested and if this is even possible to do.

Thanks!

Icon (this works)
iconTex.jpg

TV graphic (doesnt even pop up as it says the data is corrupt)
bootDrcTex.jpg

WiiU Gamepad graphic (doesnt even pop up as it says the data is corrupt)
bootDrcTex.jpg

Attachments

• bootTvTex.jpg
    bootTvTex.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 247

Rngr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reformatted my SD Card and did a fresh install of Haxchi and it still didn't work. I'm replacing the following files:

sd/haxchi/bootDrcTex.tga

sd/haxchi/bootTvTex

sd/haxchi/sd/haxchi/bootDrcTex.tga

Still troubleshooting... Here is the error image I get:
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm not a huge fan of the Haxchi load screens. They're nice but I wanted to add my own touch.

I Photoshopped some images I would like to use for my Haxchi loading screens and icons but I can't seem to do it right.

I've followed a guide online that says to save as Targa files and to ensure Alpha Channel is set to off on export with no compression but I can only get the WiiU Home Menu icon to work properly. When I click on the Haxchi icon it says "Preparing" but then says that the files installed have an issue and tells me to restart my WiiU.

I've deleted my Brain Age and reinstalled and reapplied the Haxchi patch and it doesn't work. Should I try erasing my SD Card again and trying it from a blank SD? I just wiped it yesterday but I have some Homebrew apps on it. Could those be causing issues on the Haxchi install or is it the images I've modified?

The file sizes of the images are slightly bigger on the WiiU gamepad and TV graphic (by about 1mb each). I wouldn't imagine that that would have an impact though, would it? I literally opened the Haxchi files from the haxchi folder you download and modified them in Photoshop as is (same resolution) and saved them as Targa (.tga).

Attached are sample .jpgs of the .tga files I made. I can upload the Targa files if anyone else is interested and if this is even possible to do.

Thanks!

Icon (this works)
View attachment 84922

TV graphic (doesnt even pop up as it says the data is corrupt)
View attachment 84920

WiiU Gamepad graphic (doesnt even pop up as it says the data is corrupt)
View attachment 84920

I like those graphics! Definitely interested once you get them working

Rngr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I got them to work! Place the files in the "haxchi" folder that is in SD card's root directory and re-install your Haxchi hack (you likely have to go to Settings> Data Management and delete the Haxchi install and then redownload your eshop title like Brain Age or whatever else you used to exploit):

1) Download the files attached to this post called "Nintendo Haxchi Replacement Graphics.zip"

2) Download the latest Haxchi (https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases), put it on your SD card and place them in the haxchi folder in the root of your SD card like below:

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 10.51.24 AM.png

3) Install Haxchi (https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/)

Icon
iconTex.jpg

WiiU Gamepad Graphic
bootDrcTex.jpg

TV Graphic
bootTvTex.jpg

Attachments

• Nintendo Haxchi Replacement Graphics.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 262

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got them to work! Place the files in the "haxchi" folder that is in SD card's root directory and re-install your Haxchi hack (you likely have to go to Settings> Data Management and delete the Haxchi install and then redownload your eshop title like Brain Age or whatever else you used to exploit):

1) Download the files attached to this post called "Nintendo Haxchi Replacement Graphics.zip"

2) Download the latest Haxchi (https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases), put it on your SD card and place them in the haxchi folder in the root of your SD card like below:

View attachment 84951

3) Install Haxchi (https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/)

Icon
View attachment 84950

WiiU Gamepad Graphic
View attachment 84948

TV Graphic
View attachment 84949
Thanks!! I'm hoping to give this a try later...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1