Custom Games Save Files

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Fun_Zephyr, Mar 31, 2011.

Mar 31, 2011

Custom Games Save Files by Fun_Zephyr at 11:27 AM (628 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hey Everyone,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum section here.... Also - apologies if this has been covered [​IMG]

I have 7 remakes of NSMB. 4 of them create their own save file but 3 of them use my existing PAL save file.

1. I have removed the save file and when a new one gets created by one of the 3 remakes the 3 of them use that one
    2. I tried giving them a different GameID as they all started with SMNP
    - I thought changing the GameID's to ZZZP77, ZZYPO1 and ZZXP01 would make them create their OWN save file
    - No such luck

Do you know what could be causing the 3 games to all use the same save file and how I might fix this...?

The same thing happens with Mario Kart Black and Kustom Mario Kart and they both have completely different GameID's...

Not sure how it could be something I am doing wrong.... But willing to learn.

4.3E Wii used ModMii to Soft mod my Wii and use USBLoader_cfg as my loader

Thanks in advance

Zephyr

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    the ID is 4 different places in the game. you need to edit the ID in the ticket and tmd and the gamd will use a different location to save

3. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for the reply. Is that something that can easily be done use an easy to use program or not so easy and not worth the hassle...?

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    easy is a subjective term. i find it pretty easy with the available tools, but that doesnt mean you will.

look up the tool "wit" and try it out.

5. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Australia
    I hear you load and clear - "easy" is a very lose and bad term to use as anything is easy when you know how. I should have said easy for a n00b... [​IMG] But that is still subjective. I know my way round a few things but only dabbling at the moment.

What I really meant was it a complicated process - requiring potential programming skills, a number of special tools, etc etc etc - or could it be done using a simple and ready made tool...

I shall look up "wit"

Thanks heaps for both your answers - they give me something to play round with and try to figure this out. A great way to learn [​IMG]

Thanks giantpune [​IMG]