Custom Forwarder Paths?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mayhem366, Feb 25, 2010.

Feb 25, 2010

Custom Forwarder Paths? by mayhem366 at 5:34 PM (1,017 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mayhem366
    OP

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just done a quick search here and on google but not found anything helpful,

is it possible to specify a custom file path for a forwarder channel?

At the minute i use categorii to keep my HBC nice and tidy but the only problem with this is that it makes forwarders redundant unless you have that folder open.
    What i would really like is to specify the that the MPlayer Channel looks in apps for folder mplayer_ce before looking in apps_media.

If this is not possible i'd at least like a way of making it look in apps_media only.

Bearing in mind that I am no C++ coder (freaking horrible language) and am currently using CustomizeMii to create this channel.
    Any ideas? Hex-edits or something?

2. Pakatus

Member Pakatus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    (disregard...)

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    well, first of all, yes this can be done using customize mii (u need to use a complex forwarder, and 2 get that option, u need to also install devkit pro, copy the libogc from the customize mii page to your PC, and restart)

second, there's no point to making that kind of forwarder for mplayer_ce. There are many files that are used to launch the app other than the boot.dol, and the boot.dol itself looks for these files in 4 places: SD/USB:\apps\mplayer_ce & SD/USB:\mplayer... so unless you are editing the mplayer source code itself and creating a custom mplayer_ce boot.dol that looks under a different path... there's no point to having a forwarder that looks anywhere other than SD/USB:\apps\mplayer_ce & SD/USB:\mplayer. I've created such a forwarder already, u can find it if u click on my signature.

so here's what u should do, U should save mplayer_ce in 2 places on your storage device, once in your apps_media\mplayer_ce folder (which will be renamed apps when u open that folder with categorii) and save it also to the an "mplayer" folder in the root of your device. So now u can access it using the HBC/categorii, and the forwarder channel will still launch the app from root\mplayer if the apps\mplayer_ce folder is not found (because its named apps_media\mplayer_ce)

So basically, download my mplayer forwarder channel from my signature (if u want to insert the forwarder dol from that channel into your own custom channel), and save the mplayer_ce files to
    1) Device:\apps_media\mplayer_ce\
    (or if u don't have categorii --> Device:\apps\mplayer_ce\)
    and 2) device:\mplayer\

4. mayhem366
    OP

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks man, you are a great help! I'll just use your forwarder too becuase it is cool.
    Why does mplayer use an absolute path for its load up files? That seems a little silly, it should do it as a relative path and then it shouldn't matter where the path is.

I assume that you made this channel using the method you have described? I may use this for other homebrew.

Also another quick thought, i bet that there is no such version of CustomizeMii for linux is there? Already have devKitPro installed on my virtual machine.

EDIT: Ignore that last bit... 'There is also a mono version available for Linux."

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    well, other apps don't need a path because its only one file, the boot.dol... so I'm not sure why mplayer_ce made it look other those specific paths, maybe its the only way it can be done... not sure

and yes, i made this channel using the complex forwarder function on customize mii