Hacking Custom Firware not booting after 6.0 update

gilrilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

My switch is no longer booting up custom firmware. I woke up my switch from sleep mode this morning, custom fw was loaded on previous power up, and I was prompted to update.

I proceeded to update and also updated the joy cons. A reboot was performed and the switch booted up normally.

I powered the switch off and tried booting custom firmware, I was able to boot into the SX executor menu but after choosing boot custom firmware, I got a black screen. I let it sit for a while and nothing happed.

I was able to power it down and boot up normal OS.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? Its probably not the dongle and copied the 1.9 payload to my SD card.

Thanks

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Switch is now on 6.0? Mine was on 5.1.0 when I last played it over a month ago, which I fondly remember when I did the update from 5.0.2 it had to be jigged, then manually set back to Auto RCM after the update.

I would suggest attempting to use NX Loader to get back into your custom firmware, setting the Auto RCM option and then trying your dongle to see if it's helped. B-)

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

My switch is no longer booting up custom firmware. I woke up my switch from sleep mode this morning, custom fw was loaded on previous power up, and I was prompted to update.

I proceeded to update and also updated the joy cons. A reboot was performed and the switch booted up normally.

I powered the switch off and tried booting custom firmware, I was able to boot into the SX executor menu but after choosing boot custom firmware, I got a black screen. I let it sit for a while and nothing happed.

I was able to power it down and boot up normal OS.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? Its probably not the dongle and copied the 1.9 payload to my SD card.

Thanks

You say your using Sx or tried to boot into sx os menu... did you update sx os to 1.9 ?? for 6.0 support ?

gilrilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say your using Sx or tried to boot into sx os menu... did you update sx os to 1.9 ?? for 6.0 support ?
I believe I had 1.6 or 1.8 on my sd card. After the update and the issue booting. I copied the 1.9 payload to root of my SD card. Is there anything else that I need to do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Switch is now on 6.0? Mine was on 5.1.0 when I last played it over a month ago, which I fondly remember when I did the update from 5.0.2 it had to be jigged, then manually set back to Auto RCM after the update.

I would suggest attempting to use NX Loader to get back into your custom firmware, setting the Auto RCM option and then trying your dongle to see if it's helped. B-)
I can't use NX loader because the micro usb port on my phone just died. :(

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I had 1.6 or 1.8 on my sd card. After the update and the issue booting. I copied the 1.9 payload to root of my SD card. Is there anything else that I need to do?

I can't use NX loader because the micro usb port on my phone just died. :(
put sx-os 1.9 boot.dat on root of sd card and replace the old one. put in jig and hold vol+ and press power for 1 second and release. Now insert dongle and it should boot into sx-os.

Reactions: solitaire4eva

gilrilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put sx-os 1.9 boot.dat on root of sd card and replace the old one. put in jig and hold vol+ and press power for 1 second and release. Now insert dongle and it should boot into sx-os.
That worked! Thanks!

Thanks for all the help! My Switch is back up and running!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.