WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here you go kids. i only managed to test it on one of my units and it works. try at your own risk.
make sure you format your sd card with sd formatter first. put the file on the root of sd card.

it will let you load .bin files from a "GAME" folder in the sd card slot. the main menu will now have a "SD CARD" option.

EDIT: ATGAMES has released their own firmware that supporst this. get it at their website :).

https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net/registration

after that put your titles in bin format in a folder named GAME. also delete the update off the sd card once you are done.

IT SHOULD BE SAFE BUT... I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKS.

A Special thanks to RMR and Micronut99
we helped each other out. I thank you for the results.

tested only on ntsc u consoles. Very at your own risk if done on a PAL console.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

laynolad95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
here you go kids. i only managed to test it on one of my units and it works. try at your own risk.
make sure you format your sd card with sd formatter first. put the file on the root of sd card.

https://1fichier.com/?oon3ffsemfx02ppirtr6

https://ufile.io/ad8yf

after that put your titles in bin format in a folder named GAME. also delete the update off the sd card once you are done.

IT SHOULD BE SAFE BUT... I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKS.

Hey dude would it be possible to make a tutorial on YouTube or even make an Instuctables.com page on how to do it efficiently?

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This custom firmware is for the Genesis Flashback HD 2018, and it doesn't need any special instruction... you just need to drop sega_update.img in the root of a SD Card and start the console.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt do much other than let you load .bin files from a "GAME" folder in the sd card slot. getting actual homebrew stuff to run on this will be a pain in the butt
let me update post.

Reactions: asper

Yayi

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I´ve try this today and worked almost perfect

I had a minnor problem with some roms.
My problem was the name of the file,
For example Sonic the hedgehod 3.bin wont work but changing spaces for low bars fixed my problem (Sonic_the_hedgehod 3.bin)

Thank to WD_GASTER2, RMR and Micronut99 :)
(sorry for my english, greetins from Spain)

Beetch18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank so much for this! Worked perfectly. I feel a little bad for atgames. For years they have made crappy systems and been ripped on (rightfully so) for it. They finally make what i think is a pretty solid system and it seems like it's under the radar. I've been really impressed with the system so far. They really seemed to have addressed most if not all the issues from last years genesis flashback.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using GUIformat (FAT32) and the SD Formatter (FAT16) and got the system to see my ROMS but none of them are running. It would kick me back to the SD Menu. I had to convert all the ROMS from .md to .bin using SBWIN 3.2.0. Anyone have any luck?

Edit:
It was the filename. I had spaces in them so once I put '_' in the filenames they loaded.

Last edited by kublai,

Gooby13666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, Just got this going myself. Did the update From the Sd Card then removed it to delete the file, then added my games I wanted. Worked like a charm. Any known way to get the genesis to pull added artwork to match the games added from the SD Card? I know there was a way previous to this version. I tried changing size and file to .bin.png just to see and nothing.

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that's is possible to do with this model is add support to load Sega CD, Master System and Game Gear games from the SD Card.
Another thing that is possible is replace Genesis Plus GX with Picodrive, BUT doing this you will lose support for Sega CD (I couldn't make it work) and Game Gear, but 32x games will load. Another thing I've seen with Picodrive that that PAL games run fine - I've tested with Sonic 2 for Master System which plays too fast in Genesis Plus GX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)