War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
"It hasn't been 24 hours yet since the latest PSP official firmware 5.03 rolled out from Sony, and already Dark AleX has released the latest custom firmware update. It's actually a double whammy, with him creating M33-5 and updating that to the latest M33-6 just a few moments later!

In an attempt to the fix the low-speed Memory Stick issue. Dark Alex has released an update to the 5.00m33

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run."

Change log:
Changes in 5.00 M33-5:

A setting has been added to recovery, that, when enabled it may increase memory stick reading speed. (only on the psp, not in the pc). By default it is disabled. If you installed 3.71 fatmsmod, do not use this setting, as its perfomance with 3.71 driver has not been tested. Instead, reinstall 5.00 m33-4 using dc8 and update to 5.00 m33-5

Changes in 5.00 M33-6:

Fixed a bug that made unbootable psp without memory stick or with a bad one.

The included file fat_comparison.html contains a comparison of perfomance between the 5.00 fat driver, the 3.71 one, and the 5.00 one with the speed up hack during the read of an iso. The test was done on the game Valkyrie Profile in cso format in march33 mode. Other games, modes and applications different than iso reading showed similar results.

Source

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Upgraded a while ago. I was going to post this, then I thought "Hey, I don't want to steal War's work"
smileipb2.png

BTW, as the speed comparsion file says, if you enable the new Memory Stick speed-up, you're gonna see a nice boost in loadings
smile.gif

Still have to try it, but seems amazing.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
War said:
Ha ha, I was actually not going to post it cause I'm sick... but I figured the PSP users need to know.
War, now off to bed. Sick people shouldn't post news and unfortunately that kinda includes myself as well.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated with the Network Update, worked like a charm. I'll try some stuff out later, hopefully the mem stick access thing will work well (enabled it in the config). Sounds pretty great.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really want to try out the memory stick speed up but there a few things that're keeping me from updating to 5.00 M33. I've heard people complaining about some popsloader issues, such as some games no longer working in it. Also, will the feature work for phat as well or is it slim only?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s