Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-A for PSVita 1.81 is out !

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Just to give my two cents. Vita games will not be iso files because the game is not located on a disc. Vita games will be a rom.

Method of internal storage =/= file structure.
Both formats are copies of a medium, and modern ROMs do contain a filesystem (DS games most notably) since they're no longer binaries with other data packed alongside it (like NES and SNES were). Disc images are called ISOs because traditional CDs use the ISO-9660 standard, and there wasn't a better name at the time.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
wait wait ps vita has games that are nice, also you don't need a huge memory card to play your games as I don't think that anyone has purchased so many games that they won't fit on an 16gb memory card. Also about the "cheap pirate" you cannot generalise us all; I want emulators that use the quad core power, also no ps vita isos exist so no ps vita killed by the piracy will be real from this.
You know this is PSP mode, and has ZERO hardware benefits over an actual PSP, right? i.e. no quad core processor, just the 333MHz that was availble on the PSP.
Did you read what this does?

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just for those who are interested. I tried Cave Story (PSP) and Monster Hunter 3rd Portable and both are working like a charm. If someone wants to know, I can test out some emulators and post the results in here as well.

Just to clarify, I have the European version of Urbanix, which was free some time ago, and it works perfectly.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you read what this does?
Yes. It is a CFW for the PSP emulator on the PS Vita. i.e. no access to anything outside of the PSP sandbox. I don't see why you think that is contrary to my previous post.

psp user mode and a kernel acess does ring a bell ;)
I literally have no idea what you're saying/implying. Care to elaborate?

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The true problem I think is beyond the holiday releases there is hardly anything upcoming besides Killzone which has no release date, Soul Sacrifice which might not be to good, Bioshock which may or may not have been canceled and Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable which may be canceled
It needs more third party support and there are like 10 decent exclusives if you include the holiday releases.

Reactions: Rasas

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the nice Vita games, worth to pay for:

- Wipeout 2048
- Lumines: Electronic Symphony
- Gravity Rush
- Uncharted
- Rayman Origins
- Little Big Planet
- Assassin´s Creed 3 (Release Date 10/31)

There are some nice sports games, add 1 or 2 for each of us that might be enjoyable, though I don´t see why they are significantly better than the well known good PSP ones.

Even if we are generous and add 5 games more being interesting, in the end you won´t see more than 15 games for an average gamer, worthy enough to spend time and money.

You might call that something, but I call it nothing. It´s a joke and all those small gamies from the store won´t change anything. Some of them are even ridiculous. (mean the augmented reality ones.... )

Sony is a stupid company, really. Releasing a console not being able to let the market produce games for it.
Whoever could grab Urbanix is a lucky one .... it´s not a real hack but it´s a lot better than nothing, it lets us take our Vitas out of the dark places we put them and use then again.
If someone would hack the Vita itself there would be lesser use of it --- for me it would not change anything since I already own all games I like.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty awesome and all, but I think I'll wait a few more updates before I try anything risky......dont want my Vita turning into a paperweight, or my PSN account getting perma-banned.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The true problem I think is beyond the holiday releases there is hardly anything upcoming besides Killzone which has no release date, Soul Sacrifice which might not be to good, Bioshock which may or may not have been canceled and Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable which may be canceled
It needs more third party support and there are like 10 decent exclusives if you include the holiday releases.

Upcoming Vita Games 2012
1.God Eater 2
2.Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
3.Smart As
4.Street Fighter X Tekken
5.Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
6.Soul Sacrifice
7.KickBeat
8.Killzone: Mercenary
9.Warrior's Lair
10.Dragon's Crown
11.DJMax Technika Tune
12.Zone of the Enders HD Collection
13.Ragnarok Odyssey
14.Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
15.Silent Hill: Book of Memories
16.Persona 4: Golden
17.New Little King's Story
18.Tearaway
19.Phantasy Star Online 2
20.Need for Speed: Most Wanted
21.PS All-Stars Battle Royale
22.Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified
23.Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation

Other upcoming PS Vita games
24.Spy Hunter
25.Broken
26.Bioshock game
27.Final Fantasy X HD
28.Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
29.Oboromuramasa
30.Valhalla Knights 3
31.Malicious Rebirth

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cut the content
I said after the Holidays aka 2013 and exclusives. Soul Sacrifice is going to be released 2013 with God Eater 2 which I think is a port from the PSP. I might be wrong about the port but the list of exclusives after the holidays is low.

Some current exclusives
  • Assassin's Creed III Liberation
  • BioShock might get canceled
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified might not be good
  • Gravity Rush
  • Killzone Mercenary might not be good
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • New Little King's Story
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Resistance: Burning Skies not that good
  • Silent Hill Book of Memories might not be good
  • Soul Sacrifice might not be good
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Yakuza might be a port and might of been canceled
  • Ys might not be good

Reactions: Rasas

SybreTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since I don't have Urbanix already, I'm screwed? I just updated to 1.81 thinking I could download it off PSN, but Sony already removed it. >_

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So since I don't have Urbanix already, I'm screwed? I just updated to 1.81 thinking I could download it off PSN, but Sony already removed it. >_<
Yea, 'fraid so for now.

I certainly hope you didn't have a previous vhbl installation on whatever firmware you had before, cause this kernel exploit can be back-ported to almost any of them.

I wouldn't fret too much though, more hacks should come your way soon. You'll know then to read up on wololo carefully before you act. :)

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who don't already own Urbanix may be able to get it still.

I don't know if you can redeem the code for it right now, but Gamestop is still selling Urbanix as a download for the PS3/PSP for $4.99.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/games/urbanix/91600

I have it on my EU PSN account already, but I am relatively curious if it's still available this way.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It wasn't. The 3DS could play DS ROM's day one. This doesn't allow Vita ISO's, just PSP games....so Vita "hacked" is only partially true

Still helluva lot closer then 3DS. the 3DS wasnt actually hacked at all, its just backwards compatible with DS Carts.
the VITA now has a CFW with access to VITA hardware. thats a hack, it can access vita only hardware "3DS isnt even in this ballpark yet".
so while you say partially, thats not acurate, it IS hacked
whats lacking is a CFW that opens up vita the rest of the way.
because for all intents and purposes the VITA is wide open to homebrew on VITA hardware, just not piracy. which i think was intentional from its author based on what ive read.
hack is a hack is a hack. as he could have put the function in there.

Dont you know what "full kernel access means"?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont you know what "full kernel access means"?

I'll assume you edited that in to be insulting. I'll also assume given by your message that you don't know where the Vita is with regards to hacks, and or indeed what Kernel access is granted with the current exploits.

Additionally if a hack is a hack is a hack, then by simple reasoning the 3DS' compatibility with the DS flashcards (and their subsequent block) is a hack (hack being a blanket term for an inelegant method to do things not intended by the creator).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.