Custom Characters in SSBB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Beware, Apr 23, 2008.

Apr 23, 2008

Custom Characters in SSBB? by Beware at 4:13 AM (2,058 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Beware
    OP

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Would it be possible to create custom characters in SSBB?? Couldn't you theoretically edit the models to look like another character (read: make Samus look ilke Megaman) and mess with movesets? I know it is possible to switch characters movesets, so has anyone ventured into any kind of deeper character editing/customization? If not, then what exactly makes it so difficult?
    Of course, I'm not implying I could do it, I'm just curious as to why it hasn't already happened.

2. Jhongerkong

Member Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You'd need access to the source, and im doubting Sakurai will just casually hand it over [​IMG]

3. mikagami

Member mikagami GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You could do it without the source, but it's more trouble then it's worth.

4. The Frenchman

Member The Frenchman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    one question remains in my head, couldn't we by any mean switch characters with SSBM ones? like Dr Mario or Mewtwo?

I'm thinking, maybe someone can open up the game with trucha and somehow convert the SSBM characters and movesets to work, and then replace a character with it... dunno like; replace giglypuff with Dr Mario?

the problem though is that if you fight Online then all sorts of issues pop up,
    -it might not work at all
    -it most likely makes you appear as giglypuff on other's games and most likely your character moves will not have the effect they'd normaly have, like you Up B someone and rather than having him uppoercutting someone it would have him fall asleep and both wii's could contradict and simply crash. But it might just work and act funny as cheating in Mario Kart to go faster usually just messed up the ghosts as they would just turn into walls and stuff.

I'm sure switching characters would be possible but really complicated.

if we don't ways to ad NEW characters it's more trouble than it's worth because then you're better off just playing melee.... I guess if we could make it so taking a character and holding a button loads a new one it could be cool... but I doubt the game coding would allow us to add a character... then using this new character would be restrained to few modes because it would glitch up many things.

5. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    that video with the long-legged poke-MAN...was that a custom character or fake vid?

6. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

that was just replacing some character data for one character with character data for another