Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_-Hilo-Ofici...05?pagenumber=1

Apparently, this PaRaDoX guy is creating custom Wii channels for emulators and other homebrew apps. He already made a Snes and a GBC channels that load and save from the front SD slot.

I have yet to try them, I just wanted to let you know.
wink2.gif

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, he is trying for other channels as well including MFE player. Also says in his sig that he has been able to install a VC game from a WAD file on the 19/04/2008. He has a wadpacker of some sort too. I don't get it, why has no one released a wadpacker yet? I know it will lead to piracy of the VC but someone will release one anyway. All these people keep going on about not releasing a wadpacker because it will lead to piracy but in my opinion piracy of mainstream Wii games (iso's etc) is much worse than piracy of VC games.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sounds ok, but single homebrew channel which launch somekind of homebrew portal or something would be better. Just maybe.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mb01 said:
Yeah, he is trying for other channels as well including MFE player. Also says in his sig that he has been able to install a VC game from a WAD file on the 19/04/2008. He has a wadpacker of some sort too. I don't get it, why has no one released a wadpacker yet? I know it will lead to piracy of the VC but someone will release one anyway. All these people keep going on about not releasing a wadpacker because it will lead to piracy but in my opinion piracy of mainstream Wii games (iso's etc) is much worse than piracy of VC games.

Piracy of VC titles will cause a stronger reaction from Nintendo ...

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
mb01 said:

You see it as a pirate. Homebrewers want to be able to program for the wii as long as possible. It's in a homebrewer's better interest not to share a wad packer. =P
Burning SNES channel iso.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
mb01 said:

You see it as a pirate. Homebrewers want to be able to program for the wii as long as possible. It's in a homebrewer's better interest not to share a wad packer. =P
Burning SNES channel iso.

Yeah i know. I'm actually quite happy with my emulators anyway so i wont be using it for VC games. I'm just saying that someone IS going to release one at some stage no matter what they do to stop it. Also it would be good to be able to make our OWN channels etc from homebrew apps that WE want, instead of relying on someone else to do it.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
gamidi said:
Does any of these custom channels have a custom background? Or is it the mii channel background?

I read that it was just a black channel, and the title appears when you hover the cursor over it.

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Just like the homebrew channel... Since i can load my emus with the hacked homebrew channel without time limit, i dont think i want any more black channels in my wii menu
smile.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TaMs said:
Sounds ok, but single homebrew channel which launch somekind of homebrew portal or something would be better. Just maybe.

That is what i have set up.

I used this to first create the homebrew channel on my wii menu then i replaced the .elf with this which is a app which lets you choose which homebrew to load up.

So when i click start on the homebrew channel it presents to me a loader which lets me choose what homebrew to load.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
ItsMetaKnight said:
I hate pirates. They make everything so expensive for us.

GO HOMEBREWERS!

So you've never downloaded music or movies for free, copied a CD or DVD, used a cracked program, downloaded roms, used a copied game disc or downloaded an iso for ANY game system ever?? If not then very well, but if you have....then you are a pirate in some way too.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Jax said:
Is it possible to convert the Iso into an elf. I'm out of DVDs...

Yeah there is an elf of the iso floating around. I remember seeing it the other day....cant remember where though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: