Hacking Custom 1.17a07 firmware alternate languages?

dong1225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that on DSTT website, even though they blatantly stole the firmware they have different languages up.
I am a Korean and I have organized many of my ROM file names in Korean but in English kernels, it doesn't save properly with Korean file names.
I could go ahead and use the "Official" Korean firmware on the website but I was wondering if I could just fix that on the regular 1.17a07 firmware.
Pretty sure it would be simple config file swapping matter but I've tried and failed.

Any Suggestions?

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The flag only states what country your account was created in. He could be a Korean living in Canada.

As for your problem dong, I looked at the YSMenu.ini file (sorry if you don't use that but it might be doable with the basic TTMenu). Found this near the top.

; YSMENU Setting File
[YSMENU]
; Section Name of Literals
;LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG
;LITERALS=LITERALS_FRA
;LITERALS=LITERALS_ITA
;LITERALS=LITERALS_SPA

You'll notice the ; at the start of 4 of the languages. The one without that is the language the system will use. So if you changed it to

; YSMENU Setting File
[YSMENU]
; Section Name of Literals
LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
;LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG
;LITERALS=LITERALS_FRA
;LITERALS=LITERALS_ITA
;LITERALS=LITERALS_SPA

You would use Japanese for the menu language. Another thing you could do is edit the settings for the language you use. In the YSMenu.ini, it has each setting with text in that language. You could translate it to Korean and see if that works.

dong1225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
He could be a Korean living in Canada.
You are correct!
smile.gif

And thanks for the suggestion but my real problem was not the UI (It's straight forward enough and I can understand English no problem after living in Canada for three years!)
But the fact that OS wouldn't save properly with a Korean name and deem the previous succesful save with a Korean save "Unreadable"
I had to start over for my New Super Mario Bros. because the game save was in Korean!
I know that I could rename all the roms and saves into English but it's such a pain with an 8GB memory card so I was wondering.

Thanks for the help though!

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference between the different language versions of the TTMENU kernel are as follows:

language.ini - The various interface elements have been translated into Korean. This is easy enough to do on your own, though, as it's just a text file. Just replace the English text with your own Korean, or paste their translation over it:

Code:
; TTMenu Ver1.17
: Korean version edited by Andy Ha 
; (2009/01/06)

STR_CURRENT_NDS_TIME=%04d-%02d-%02d, %02d:%02d
STR_FILE_SIZE_BYTE=%d B
STR_FILE_SIZE_KBYTE=%d K
STR_FILE_SIZE_MBYTE=%d.%d M

STR_LAST_SAVE_TIME=???%d/%d/%d %02d:%02d:%02d
STR_SAVE_FILE_EMPTY=???? ????

NONE=??
GO_BACK=??(B)

SYS_OPTION=???
PASSME_MODE=NDS??
GBA_MODE=GBA??
TURN_OFF=????
LIGHT_MODE=????(L)

FILE_CNT=??[%d/%d]
TIME_FORMAT=%04d/%02d/%02d, %02d:%02d:%02d
FILE_ICON=??
FILE_NAME=??
FILE_SIZE=??
MANU_CODE=??
SAVE_TIME=??
FILE_MSG1=??: L+R+A+B+X+Y, ????: L
FILE_MSG2=???? ??/??: Y/X

OPTION=????
CHEAT=??
DMA_READ=DMA??
SOFTRESET=?????
SOFTRSTDEF=?????
ON=ON
OFF=OFF

system.fon - Korean font file. The file size is larger than the English font file by a few hundred bytes.

Given that only these two files differ, you could convert your TTMenu installation to the Korean version just by replacing them instead of having to overwrite everything. Of course, I never overwrite everything anyhow, because I don't like to replace my skin, modified language.ini, or my updated usercheat.dat files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night