Curved monitors worth the hype?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see some pretty decent priced 1440p displays out there under $300 for a 32" highly considering getting one but most are VA panel so I'm unsure if it would be worth it just to take that money and get a 4k tv at a bigger display. I've currently been rocking a almost 10 year old 40" lg display that's 1080p which I wouldn't mind something a bit smaller on my desk. 32" would feel like a good sweet spot.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
nop, is just a fashion what make you pay the double, do you remember the curved TVs? was upon a time were the max, then replaced by "flat" ones and then presented like the hype again and now no body want them. so only buy if you really like them if you really don't needed a traditional one works just as fine.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see some pretty decent priced 1440p displays out there under $300 for a 32" highly considering getting one but most are VA panel so I'm unsure if it would be worth it just to take that money and get a 4k tv at a bigger display. I've currently been rocking a almost 10 year old 40" lg display that's 1080p which I wouldn't mind something a bit smaller on my desk. 32" would feel like a good sweet spot.
Personally I like the curved monitors, but it's mostly due to the fact my eyes don't really work together and I have no real depth perception so the curve makes me feel more immersed in when gaming on the pc. I run a 32" curved benq and before that I ran a 32" acer. The benq has much better color with hdr 400 but doesn't really compare to hdr 10 in peak brightness. The color is defiantly better than the acer. The acer had terrible viewing angles in comparison to the benq but both aren't great unless stilling directly in front. I also have a Sony 55" 4k 120hz display for the Xbox series x and if the PC would be able to do it I'd game on it with the pc as well. Depending on your graphics card, if you like the eye candy you'll need at least a 2070 or 3060 for 1440p but with settings toned down a 1660 ti will suffice.

Reactions: K3Nv2

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I like the curved monitors, but it's mostly due to the fact my eyes don't really work together and I have no real depth perception so the curve makes me feel more immersed in when gaming on the pc. I run a 32" curved benq and before that I ran a 32" acer. The benq has much better color with hdr 400 but doesn't really compare to hdr 10 in peak brightness. The color is defiantly better than the acer. The acer had terrible viewing angles in comparison to the benq but both aren't great unless stilling directly in front. I also have a Sony 55" 4k 120hz display for the Xbox series x and if the PC would be able to do it I'd game on it with the pc as well. Depending on your graphics card, if you like the eye candy you'll need at least a 2070 or 3060 for 1440p but with settings toned down a 1660 ti will suffice.
I have a 7950 lol the plan is to get the monitor first with the increase of GPUs lately on the market I'll probably feel more comfortable about waiting a few weeks to finally upgrade it I did see a nice benq on Amazon

BenQ EX3203R 32 inch 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor | WQHD (2560 x 1440) | FreeSync 2 | DisplayHDR 400 (31.5" Display) https://a.co/d/beLlgQv

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 7950 lol the plan is to get the monitor first with the increase of GPUs lately on the market I'll probably feel more comfortable about waiting a few weeks to finally upgrade it I did see a nice benq on Amazon

BenQ EX3203R 32 inch 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor | WQHD (2560 x 1440) | FreeSync 2 | DisplayHDR 400 (31.5" Display) https://a.co/d/beLlgQv
That's actually the same benq I have, I picked it up almost a year ago on sale. It's not a bad monitor for the price but there is a glitch when enabling g-sync with nvidia cards as it will cause the monitor to flash when ever you play a game. It can be worked around by creating a custom resolution and adjusting the freesync range with CRU(custom resolution utility) though and as far as I know the problem doesn't affect AMD gpus. It has lots of inputs too if you have multiple devices.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
the practical advantage for curved is that you can bring it way closer to your eyes, or, if your distance is already set, you can go bigger/wider than you could with a flat one.

about the resolution, maybe don't go with 1440p? I have a 1440p monitor for a long time now, and I feel I'm losing sometimes, I don't know. Nowadays 4K content is way too available, be on games or videos. For working (assuming that you are not a photo or video editor) the extra pixels will not give you anything, but a workday on a higher resolution is for sure less tiresome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.