OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A few days ago, my 360 started malfunctioning in a way I've never seen before:

1) I turned it on. Instead of auto-login, it just sat there saying "3 Profiles found" forever. I manually chose my profile, and it ran into infinite-login; it was logging in for several minutes and none of my controller buttons worked. Manual power down. Turned it back on and it was back to normal, but that was freaking weird.

2) On the same day as #1, I pressed and held the guide button. Flashing green lights came up but 360 didn't turn on. I move my controller couple inches away from the console and tried again. No response. Tried that with my 3 other controllers - same result. Manually turned it on and showed no other signs of malfunctions.

3) Today #2 happened again. Exact same thing, no electronic devices between the controller and the console, no significant sized metal, magnet, whatever.

My 360 has been running without a problem for almost an year. And then I suddenly get 3 separate occasions of malfunctioning concentrated recently.
I can only blame the weather. Apparently some people got their 360 exchanged for sympton #2 and #3.

Well, it's only a mild annoyance compared to RROD so I can live with that, but certainly my unit is not at its best.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i live in Australia and last summer we had a heat wave of over 35 degrees C for 2 weeks straight. By the third day in my 360 RROD on me. I had it for about a year so yeah, looks like heat does affect them. Tip for this summer....don't play my new 360.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same symptoms, in winter none the less. Up next is in game freezing. Final step is RROD. Find a buyer fast, or get ready to send it into MS

On the plus side, Microsoft replaced my Xbox incredibly fast, and it had modded firmware on it. But I put the warranty sticker back on before I sent it

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well.. all those can happen any time, but getting 3 malfunctions as soon as it gets 25'C+ can't be totally post hoc. I'd say the temperature is one of the factors, at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.