Hacking Currently setting up A9LH, got a few questions.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am following MrMario2011's video guide and am at 17:08. Instead of using regular sysupdater, I used PlaiSysUpdater instead. At the very end installing native firm, it failed. I was told to open otp and restore the emunand backup. Attempted to downgrade twice, both times failed. Is this a sign something is wrong? I have a New 3DS XL.

I have a few other questions.

18:12 to 18:17 was cut off a bit, so I couldn't see what happened between there. What is the "injecting NAND header" at 18:17 for?

18:42 shows him selecting the unbricking part. But according to Phailects guide, at part 4 step 14 and 15 doesn't mention the 2.1 FW unbrick part and says:

14. Open OTPHelper
15. Select "One Click Setup" and confirm. This can take a while.(If this fails or gives you an error do NOT continue or you may BRICK; you shouldfollow this troubleshooting guide)

Also, something is weird about my emunand. I deleted my old FBI app and used universal injector to inject FBI into the health and safety app before starting the tutorial just to be safe.

The HS App's icon is supposed to stay the same right? Well for some reason, after formatting my emunand twice, the HS app actually shows the FBI icon instead. Might be worth mentioning.

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
::EDIT:: Internet was acting up, so I accidentally double posted... I dont see a delete post option, so ignore this one and read below.

Last edited by ceelo,

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Plai's guide AND this video. I followed the written guide until I downgraded my emu to 2.1.0. What the Guide DOESNT say, is that on N3DS models, you need to select 'unbrick 2.1.0' and then I flashed the emu to the sys to run it. I dont know why it doesnt say, but yeah, its essential for N3DS users. Now as for your question, keep watching. It does exactly what I said. At 1817, he selects 'unbrick 2.1.0' in OTP Helper

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had the same issue you did. I ended up not using the One Click Setup and used that very same video you have. What he does is, downgrades 2.1.0, then goes back and selects 'unbrick 2.1.0' and then flashes the sysnand with the downgraded emu. Scary but thats what it is. Itll also help when you turn on your 3DS after this, to have the sd card NOT in, because it can make issues and not startup. Just follow the video closely.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Plai's guide AND this video. I followed the written guide until I downgraded my emu to 2.1.0. What the Guide DOESNT say, is that on N3DS models, you need to select 'unbrick 2.1.0' and then I flashed the emu to the sys to run it. I dont know why it doesnt say, but yeah, its essential for N3DS users. Now as for your question, keep watching. It does exactly what I said. At 1817, he selects 'unbrick 2.1.0' in OTP Helper

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had the same issue you did. I ended up not using the One Click Setup and used that very same video you have. What he does is, downgrades 2.1.0, then goes back and selects 'unbrick 2.1.0' and then flashes the sysnand with the downgraded emu. Scary but thats what it is. Itll also help when you turn on your 3DS after this, to have the sd card NOT in, because it can make issues and not startup. Just follow the video closely.
If my downgrade fails, what should I do? In both instances of me attempting to downgrade, I get "Failed" for installing the native firm file, which I assume is the last time in order to complete the downgrade.

Edit: Giving it a third try right now.
Edit 2: Same result..

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take your SD card out when booting into 2.1, then re-insert when it loads.
Edit: I make sure you re-verify your downloads, and use sha256sum checksum to make sure the file you have is correct in comparison to the files that plailiect has in the guide.

Last edited by SkyChotik,

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take your SD card out when booting into 2.1, then re-insert when it loads.
Edit: I make sure you re-verify your downloads, and use sha256sum checksum to make sure the file you have is correct in comparison to the files that plailiect has in the guide.
I used the 2.1 fw file on phailects guide :/

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video is based on a month old version of the guide. OTP helper has more features and checks then it did a month ago.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video is based on a month old version of the guide. OTP helper has more features and checks then it did a month ago.

While I agree with this, I can say that the One Step Setup was giving me issues. Always kept failing Stage 1 and 2. the hash were all correct. So then I did what the guy in the video did, which I posted above for OP to do, and I didnt have any issues.

::EDIT:: I think the issue OP is getting is he is not even able to complete the downgrade to 2.1.0 in the first place. In which case, I have no idea why it would not be working for him.

Last edited by ceelo, , Reason: More info

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree with this, I can say that the One Step Setup was giving me issues. Always kept failing Stage 1 and 2. the hash were all correct. So then I did what the guy in the video did, which I posted above for OP to do, and I didnt have any issues.

::EDIT:: I think the issue OP is getting is he is not even able to complete the downgrade to 2.1.0 in the first place. In which case, I have no idea why it would not be working for him.
Is it normal for the injected hs app to show fbi icon?
What i did up to the downgrade part different from the video was using plaisysupdater instead of the original one.
I also used more up to date versions of the homebrew/cia applications released after the video. Other then that i don't remember doing anything different.

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for the injected hs app to show fbi icon?
What i did up to the downgrade part different from the video was using plaisysupdater instead of the original one.
I also used more up to date versions of the homebrew/cia applications released after the video. Other then that i don't remember doing anything different.

Totally normal, and I used safesysupdater, because it verifies files.

ProPatte

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same probleme here. When I try to downgrade EmuNAND to 2.1.0 I get an error almost at the end of the installation that the native firmware couldn't be installed. I tried it with SysUpdater and with PlaiSysUpdater. 3 Times.

To see the errormessage using PlaiSysUpdater klick on the uploaded image.

Its good to see that I'm not the only one with that issue. Could anyone help us?

Attachments

• K640_20160413_003936.JPG
    K640_20160413_003936.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 325
Last edited by ProPatte,

Mark Daniel Cubinar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same probleme here. When I try to downgrade EmuNAND to 2.1.0 I get an error almost at the end of the installation that the native firmware couldn't be installed. I tried it with SysUpdater and with PlaiSysUpdater. 3 Times.

Its good to see that I'm not the only one with that issue. Could anyone help us?

I also had this error multiple times when I was downgrading my n3ds Regular.

Quick question: what cfw are you using (ReiNAND, CakesFW, AuReiNAND, etc.)?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you unbrick the Emunand on your n3ds? You need to do that before the one click set up IIRC.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I am following MrMario2011's video guide and am at 17:08. Instead of using regular sysupdater, I used PlaiSysUpdater instead. At the very end installing native firm, it failed. I was told to open otp and restore the emunand backup. Attempted to downgrade twice, both times failed. Is this a sign something is wrong? I have a New 3DS XL.

I have a few other questions.

18:12 to 18:17 was cut off a bit, so I couldn't see what happened between there. What is the "injecting NAND header" at 18:17 for?

18:42 shows him selecting the unbricking part. But according to Phailects guide, at part 4 step 14 and 15 doesn't mention the 2.1 FW unbrick part and says:

14. Open OTPHelper
15. Select "One Click Setup" and confirm. This can take a while.(If this fails or gives you an error do NOT continue or you may BRICK; you shouldfollow this troubleshooting guide)

Also, something is weird about my emunand. I deleted my old FBI app and used universal injector to inject FBI into the health and safety app before starting the tutorial just to be safe.

The HS App's icon is supposed to stay the same right? Well for some reason, after formatting my emunand twice, the HS app actually shows the FBI icon instead. Might be worth mentioning.

Your CFW is probably blocking FIRM installs, Plailect's guide would avoid this since it instructs you to install CakesFW in Step 3 and leave FIRM install blocking disabled.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys I didn't want to make another thread because there's already a bunch asking the same questions. So I hope posting my question wouldn't be a problem. I'm on 9.0 sysnand using menuhax and ctrbootmanager to boot into my gw emunand 10.7. I want to switch to a9lh I know gw doesn't support it yet and I don't mind. I want to switch to aureinand. Is there anything specific I need to do other than the things in the guide?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I followed Plailect's guide. The only thing incorrect about the guide was region changing. The files he provided is incomplete. I've successfully installed A9LH on 2 new 3DS XLs and 1 3ds xl.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys I didn't want to make another thread because there's already a bunch asking the same questions. So I hope posting my question wouldn't be a problem. I'm on 9.0 sysnand using menuhax and ctrbootmanager to boot into my gw emunand 10.7. I want to switch to a9lh I know gw doesn't support it yet and I don't mind. I want to switch to aureinand. Is there anything specific I need to do other than the things in the guide?
Nope. Just follow the guide and you're good.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your CFW is probably blocking FIRM installs, Plailect's guide would avoid this since it instructs you to install CakesFW in Step 3 and leave FIRM install blocking disabled.

In your opinion, should i restore from my first nand backup and start again from there? I assume it might be safer. Or is this probably a waste of time?

I also have the backup i created for the double formatted emunand. But after restoring back and forth, does it affect anything, such as the files on the sd card? I just restored to my first backup.

If things do turn up bad for me, is there any trustworthy hard modders in Canada?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte