Hacking Currently on 9.00 but am tempted just to update to 9.03

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Almost all of my consoles are modded either chipmods, flashcards or CFW.
From Ps1 to ps3, gamecube to switch, psp/vita, ninty handhelds and some Chinese emulator handhelds... Good game pc..... More games I can play it my entire lifetime.

Now that my ps4 is finally hackable (always faithfully updated) suddenly feel reluctant to do it and do not begin to even read into the faqs and how-to.

Too much money invested in this console and somehow... Meh... Again a console for which to download even more games I can play and the ones I want I already have on disc or digital.
It is offline now on 9.0 but am tempted to go online (and forced to 9.03).
Are there more ps4 owners who are like me torn between the choice to update or to hack?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how much a ps5 is in your country, but you might get more out of that. I'm going legit switch/ps5/xbox series x onward. I have no regrets about it.

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to JB my Pro because I'm sick of swapping out 70+ disks adding wear and tear to the disc drive. I have PS+ but I don't play online much and the monthly "free" games are complete trash now. It was a no-brainer to JB this thing and have all of my games on the console easily accessible on top of the other stuff. If I can ever get my dirty paws on a PS5, I'd be set on future gaming again. I also have a launch PS4 I can still play online if I ever felt the need to.

I also have most of my older consoles modded, but I still wanted a PS4 modded at some point.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Almost all of my consoles are modded either chipmods, flashcards or CFW.
From Ps1 to ps3, gamecube to switch, psp/vita, ninty handhelds and some Chinese emulator handhelds... Good game pc..... More games I can play it my entire lifetime.

Now that my ps4 is finally hackable (always faithfully updated) suddenly feel reluctant to do it and do not begin to even read into the faqs and how-to.

Too much money invested in this console and somehow... Meh... Again a console for which to download even more games I can play and the ones I want I already have on disc or digital.
It is offline now on 9.0 but am tempted to go online (and forced to 9.03).
Are there more ps4 owners who are like me torn between the choice to update or to hack?

I'm on the same situation: I already bought every game I wanted on the PS4 but I've hacked it anyway to play some leftovers that I'm not willing to pay (and also P.T, hacks, homebrews, etc).

I'll save my psn account for the PS5 that I'm planning to get on this year, and make my ps4 a land for homebrew and fpkgs just like my old ps3.

Reactions: tabzer and bbqtool

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had the problem, I've got al the games (discs) that I wanted to play. So it was very tempting to update, but then I found the PS2 to PS4 converter and thought to myself that it was easier to play those games on PS4 instead of searching for my PS2 and games and controllers.

After that I found the Saturn injector, so I don't have to connect my old console anymore.

I've never played online on the PS4 so that's not an issue.

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How essential is online multiplayer on the PS4 for you? I think it's worth it to jailbreak personally, but I don't play games online a lot, I prefer couch multiplayer games

jdexo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
tbh I just wanna test all those games I'm probably not gonna ever finish but also I've got a shitty laptop so it's not like I have much of a choice when it comes to gaming

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I made my choice and will upgrade.
For a lot of non exclusives i can use my game pc and stream to my nvidia shield if i want to game in living Room on tv (which works great) and if the family wants to watch a shitty tv show i can even continue on the pc itself.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: bbqtool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: