Question Currently im using Atmosphere NX on my switch but want to go SX OS PRO.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by masterprosync, Sep 29, 2019.

1. masterprosync
    OP

masterprosync Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2019
    Malaysia
    HELLO ALL,

I need to double check something before i do it on my switch console.

Let start with this scenario:

1. Atmosphere is not auto-rcm - every time turn on my switch by using Atmosphere NX Dongle and Jig.

2. SX OS PRO Dongle and Jig - not configure as auto-rcm.

My question is can i use both CFW together (SX OS PRO and Atmosphere)? separate SD CARD with different dongle mean 1 for SX OS PRO and 1 for Atmosphere.

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You can also use seperate sd card with one dongle

3. masterprosync
    OP

masterprosync Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2019
    Malaysia
    oh really but i have both dongles (Atmosphere NX and SX OS PRO).

but possible to running both CFW on my switch without any issue? based on my research CFW running on SD CARD.

4. jkjj

jkjj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    United States
    yeah, you don't even need two SD cards.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-atmosphere-emummc.541060/
    &
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/

you will want to use hekate as your primary payload, with SX & Atmosphere payloads both in /bootloader/payloads. if you download kosmos or probably vanilla atmosphere pack atmosphere should be set up already.

you need to modify emummc.ini as suggested above.
    you can also add a configuration (&icons) for sxos in hekate-ipl.ini
    alternatively you could use argon-NX as primary payload. i prefer this & use it with others switches.

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just flash Hekate on to the NS Atmosphere and select what you want to boot from there.

6. masterprosync
    OP

masterprosync Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2019
    Malaysia
    Can i play NSP games on both CFW (Atmosphere and SX OS)? example same SD Card to install NSP Game in Atmosphere NX but can play in SX OS Pro/

7. mav2010

mav2010 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    Germany
    Yes, that will work in most of the cases as well. From my experience, it is best to install the games under atmosphere. Then they should work as well in SXOS. The other way around creates problems sometimes, since SXOS installations are not 100% compatible with atmosphere.

8. masterprosync
    OP

masterprosync Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2019
    Malaysia
    Which tool app you using to install NSP in atmosphere? Goldleaf or Tinfoil?

9. mav2010

mav2010 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    Germany
    I am more of a SXOS user. But I played around with atmosphere for a while and noticed that XCIs/NSPs installed by the standard SXOS installer did not work under atmosphere.

Both Goldleaf and Tinfoil should work fine from my experience. If they manage to install a game and it works under atmosphere, it will for sure work under SXOS.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted