Current options to mod a ps2 slim?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by iwakura, Jun 16, 2008.

Jun 16, 2008
  1. iwakura
    OP

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    hi all,

I've never really been into the playstations, but my girlfriend recently asked for me to mod her ps2 (slim), so now I'm trying to figure out which option I should go with. So far, all I've managed to find is the swap magic option. is this the best/easiest/cheapest choice? would a HDD replacement be better?

Thanks for all the help~

2. Suranwrap

Newcomer Suranwrap Member

Canada
    Best and easiest option is for the Mem card chip called: Memor32 Advanced USB PS2 Memory Card
    here is a video of it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7JXVJlvrcrE
    basicly it has a USB port and you just put the hacked firmware on it, and it works just like a solder chip, with no swapping.

3. wiki

Member wiki GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i'd avoid memor32/memento for now, as the compatibility isn't so great at the moment and the team behind it haven't released an update for a while.

Edit: You're left with swap magic or soldering on a modchip (modbo 4, crystal pro). Find someone to solder the chip for you

Double edit: Write down the list of games you want to play and check to see if it works with memor32/memento. If memor32/memento does work for those games, then i guess you could go for it.

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    swap magic or get a matrix infinity installed.

5. imtony

Member imtony GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Theres a new thing out called FreeVast. It's really easy and all you really need to get it on your Memory card is a USB drive and Code Breaker 8.1+ or ARMax. I bought Code Breaker 8.1 on ebay for 10 dollars shipped.