Current Flash Carts

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by iritegood, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008

Current Flash Carts by iritegood at 1:32 AM (1,447 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. iritegood
    OP

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been out of the loop since the beginning of the year. What's the best current flash card (relative to price)? Have there been many new flash carts and are they worth anything? Is the EDGE receiving updates/any good?

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    CycloDS ($55) > SCDS1 ($29) > Acekard RPG ($65) > Acekard 2 ($23) > M3 Real (Not sure, but under 31 dollars) > EDGE ($24) > DSTT ($19.90) > ItouchDS ($21) > R4 > Rest.

If you care about the price but want a good cart, get the Acekard 2.
    If you care about things like Realtime save, Realtime Guide, Slow-motion, but still want it under $30, get the SCDS1.
    If you don't care about the price, and just want the best flaskart avilalbe, get the CycloDS.
    If you want the cheapest cart that can play all the games and nothing more, get the DSTT.

Simple as that.

3. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    So you say EDGE > DSTT but dont recommend it? O.0

4. DSAndi

Member DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    CycloDS ($55) > SCDS1 ($29) > Acekard RPG ($65) > EDGE ($24) = Acekard 2 ($23) >DSTT ($19.90) >M3 Real (Not sure, but under 31 dollars), ItouchDS ($21) > R4 > Rest.

If you care about the price but want a good cart, get the Edge.
    If you care about things like Realtime save, Realtime Guide, Slow-motion, but still want it under $30, get the SCDS1.
    If you don't care about the price, and just want the best flaskart avilalbe, get the CycloDS.
    If you want the cheapest cart that can play all the games and nothing more, get the DSTT.

Corrected

5. iritegood
    OP

United States
    What I imagined. M3 Real/G6 > EDGE? [​IMG]

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    With the M3 Sakura firmware, yes. Also, Acekard 2 is better than the EDGE. It's cheaper, a better looking GUI, and third party support, thanks to its big brother, the Acekard RPG.

7. iritegood
    OP

United States

So does that mean that the M3 is still better than the EDGE?
    (NVM, because it can't boot commercial games) What features does it have over the EDGE? Also, does this mean that the iTouch is equal in features to the M3 Real (since it can run the Sakura firmware)?

8. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Third party support, is technically the support it's brother gets. The Acekard RPG's open sourced firmwares also go to the Acekard 2, because they're pretty much the same thing, except that it doesn't have a 1 gig internal. Either way, the Acekard 2 is much more future proof than the EDGE, since the EDGE team only responds whenever there's a ROM compatility problem.

If you're gonna use the ItouchDS with the M3 Sakura firmware, then I'm gonna say yes. But using it's ordinary firmware, it's not that great.

Also, the M3 team is very well known for their support. In fact, they have their own account here.

Well, technically, none of the cards above ItouchDS has any compatibility problems nor should have any problems any time soon, so I'd say anything that's Above the R4 should be fine.

9. iritegood
    OP

United States
    Thanks. I see what you mean by third party support, but when I left nobody has really taken advantage of the open source firmware, has that changed?
    I realize the M3 Team's support. I've been around for a while. So... back to the Acekard2... any deal-breaking features?

10. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    The open source firmware for the Acekard? Well, other than making lots of changes to the GUI, and the multi-saves, nothing ground breaking that I know of.

11. DSAndi

Member DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hmm if you look at the acekard2 it has a cheap build quality and bad design ( check review and defective batch post ) . In fact the menue is the top selling point of the card and the open source FW. Wont argue about that but i dont think i need all that suff on the DS because you still need a PC to get Files on the micro SD but ok thats preferable.

The Edge has a very good build quality and looks and feels like a Cyclo DS without the advanced features.
    A lot ppl say the cyclo is the best card on the market atm. As for updates a lot new games work without issues on the Edge while other cards need often updates.

In either way booth cards received a gold award here.

The M3 is slow with original Firmware. With hacked sakura it looks better and is faster. Build quality is well ok and cheaper on itouch. I suggest check reviews for em also.