Cubic Ninja no longer loads on my new3DS XL. Just a black screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hammyface, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Hammyface
    OP

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Hey guys, sorry but I tried to google this and got nowhere.

This is really weird because it worked fine this morning.

In Cubic Ninja, I go to "create QR code" and it goes to a black screen. it looks like it's about to load the hack, but never does.

Again this is weird because it was working fine this morning. I did nothing different. I tried different microSD cards, I wiped the Cubic Ninja save and started from scratch; all that.

What could have happened? Again the screen flashes like it's going to load the hack but it just locks the system. This was working fine for me since the release 2 weeks ago, now it just stopped? I even tried two different new3DS XL consoles (both 9.0 firmware).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. SpongeFreak52

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    Have you deleted the save data and tried to install it again? Sounds like something may have gotten screwed up, especially if you can't get it to load on another system.

Hammyface likes this.
  3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Make sure launcher.dat is on root of mSD. Put a fresh copy on.

Hammyface likes this.
  4. Hammyface
    OP

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Thanks, I installed a fresh copy. It somehow looks like the Gateway on the new3DS doesn't like my 32gb microSD card? I tried a bunch of different cards but the only one that works is the 4gb one. All 6 cards that I tried had the same exact files on it.

Is there any way to get the 32gb MicroSDHC to work with the Gateway's Cubic Ninja trick?

5. Darklinkreturns

Darklinkreturns Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    United States
    are they not working out of the box, or did you do so formatting thing on them?

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    This could very well be your card reader flaking out, but there are a few things you can try.
    1. Download Sd formatter v4 from Sdcard.org and bring it back to official specs.
    2. Make sure it is formatted to Fat32 by checking properties in windows explorer.
    3. Make sure you are getting the spring to work right when inserting it.
    4. Run diagnostics from the gateway menu. Use the 4gb card if you have to.
    5. Make sure your launcher.dat is 3.1.1

7. Max250

Max250 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2015
    Belgium
    Vatan, Indre
    Change browser to scan the QR code.