Cubic Ninja, GW3DS, and the N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Puppy_Washer, May 7, 2015.

1. Puppy_Washer
    OP

Puppy_Washer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2009
    Sydney
    Hey guys, just wondering what's the deal with Cubic Ninja, Gateway, and the N3DS.

1. Are there copies of Cubic Ninja that aren't compatible with the exploit? I remember some LoZ: OoT copies weren't working with the Gateway exploit for N3DS.
    2. You only need to use Cubic Ninja a single time now for the N3DS now, correct? Afterwards I can just sell it?
    3. Does the N3DS has all functions of the classic 3DS in regards to Gateway?
    4. The N3DS doesn't support the very latest emunand, I think. Is it reasonable to expect that it will be supported soon? Is there a way to update the N3DS emunand to something more recent (but not the latest)?
    Cheers for any help guys.

2. SnakeSlashRO

SnakeSlashRO Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2004
    United States
    No they all work, as long as you get the cubic ninja for your region.
    You need it at least once... I'd keep it.
    That I don't know...
    Not sure, I'm using emunand on 8.1.0 (GW 8.1.0 Emunand) I'd like to know if a higher version works myself.

Puppy_Washer likes this.
  3. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    1- All copies of cubic ninja works
    2- In theory, yes. But you better keep it if it happens to be usable for a new exploit, or to load ninjhax homebrews
    3- The N3DS has all the same functionalities of a O3DS for Gateway, yes.
    4- Knowing Gateway, it is Soon(tm). But you can update your emunand to 9.5(MAXIMUM!) with 9.5 .cia update data (ask google) I did it myself and that worked perfectly.

I hope it answered your questions.

Puppy_Washer likes this.
  4. Puppy_Washer
    OP

Puppy_Washer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2009
    Sydney
    Cheers, all cleared up. Can MH4U play online on 9.5? Also, is it difficult to transfer MH4U save data from my classic 3DS to my N3DS?