ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

G1ZM02K

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i need to help my daughter to cheat with health in kirby triple deluxe
Hi Ilya,

Let's give Kirby Triple Deluxe's main game a shot, eh?

Start the game so you're in the level...

1a. Press 'Select' to bring up the menu.
1b. Change 'Search Type:' to 'Unknown' and click 'Search'; you'll get over 15 million hits - this is normal!
1c. Press 'A' to go back to the results window.
1d. Go back to the game by pressing 'Select', then 'B' to cancel the in-game 'Select' menu.

2a. Lose some health and then press 'Select' to open the menu again.
2b. Change 'Scan Type:' to 'Smaller Than' and click 'Search'; this will still be quite high to start with.
2c. Repeat 2a and 2b a few times until you get around 1000 hits or so.

3a. Go back to the game and move around a bit; this is to change some values we don't want.
3b. Open the menu again and change 'Scan Type:' to 'Equal To' and hit 'Search'; it's going down.
3c. Do this a few times and the hits will drop to around 25.

4. Switch between steps 2a-c and 3a-c until you've only got one digit left - try not to die!

5a. Get hit enough times that Kirby loses all life and restarts.
5b. Open the menu and change the 'Search Type:' to 'Bigger Than' and hit 'Search'.
5c. You should be down to 5 hits now and they won't get any lower (if not, keep doing the above until you are).

On a new life you should end up with something like these; your 'Old Value's will differ depending on the health you had before dying:

Address New Value Old Value Notes:
155E0E00 3F800000 3E19999A Check code?
15B11F3C 000002A0 00000060 Current Health?
15B11F40 000002A0 00000090 Previous Health?
15B17B60 3F800000 3E19999A Check code?
15B17B64 3F800000 3E19999A Check code?

You might have spotted a pattern by now as the results got fewer and fewer, that 2 looks like it's dropping at the same rate as our health and 3 held the previous value of 2. You'll likely have also noticed that results 1,4, & 5 were decreasing too; they're likely some check values - as you'll soon find out...

Just save each cheat individually while you're testing stuff, so:
  • Highlight a line and press 'X'.
  • Select 'New cheat'.
  • Give it a name (I just called them 1-5 for now; you can change them later).
  • Press 'B' to exit out.
  • Repeat this for the other addresses.
When done, press 'B' to go back to the main menu, and click on 'Action Replay' to see your newly created cheats!

Tick the 2nd and 3rd boxes (using 'A') to see if they work in the game (they don't); so go back to the 'Action Replay' menu and tick the other 3 boxes too. Try that, and...

You've just created your first infinite health cheat!

Use the same idea for other games - bear in mind that a lot of things like the check values (3F800000, above) are found through trial and error so don't be afraid to write stuff down and try different things; it's not an exact science but you'll learn to spot certain patterns the more you do it.

Hope this helps 😁

Ilya668111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good day dear G1ZM02K
Everything is very clear. Thanks a lot! But next stage it doesn't work. and health bar is deacreasing again when i receive damage :-(
Does it mean that health bar of every stage has different memory location? Is it possible to fix that?

G1ZM02K

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again Ilya,

I didn't check that far ahead to be honest as it's the first time I've picked up my 3DS in years, but that would seem to be the case. It looks like other people haven't had much luck with health on that game either as any cheats I've found online only give 99 lives...

Since I can't post links, I'd suggest using Google (or another search engine) and search for "JourneyOver CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES" and it should be the first link shown. If you click that link (to GitHub), then click the 'Cheats' folder in the centre box it'll take you to a list of cheats for the 3DS that have already been found.

Both Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are in the list so just click on one, right-click on the numbered text file (starting 0004) and 'Save as'. Repeat for any other games in the list. You can then drop these onto your 3DS in the 'cheats' folder in the root/main directory (create 'cheats' if it doesn't exist). You can then access them from the Rosalina menu to turn them on and off.

I admit it's a bit of a pain, but it's always safer to use other people's tried and tested codes as writing your own can have unexpected issues further down the line depending on how the game was written; and nobody wants to get to the end of a long level just to have it crash on you.

Reactions: Ilya668111

Ilya668111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good day dear @G1ZM02K
My 3ds received second life after my daughter grow up :)
Many good games for kids.
About Rosalina thanks. I use it for other games. Wanted to add some invincibility cheats to those games which haven't that cheats. Alas, it is impossible as i understand.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. You have big and kind heart for sure!

Reactions: G1ZM02K

Divinehero2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm uh not sure how to make this work i grabbed the luma and AR files off the 1st post put them in the spot mentioned and tried to open it in game but nothign comes up and i did remember to enable plugins via the rosalina menu

sorry if this sounds ignorant but i'm kinda new at this

moemah123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help with devkitpro and libctru. Whenever I try to build the latest files using make. I run into errors error: '__syscalls' undeclared (first use in this function)

How do people build this lib successfully? I am trying to follow analogman151 guide, but downloading devkitpro and libctru and libctrpf keeps running into failures. Is this right place in forum to ask as I am new here?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I need some help with devkitpro and libctru. Whenever I try to build the latest files using make. I run into errors error: '__syscalls' undeclared (first use in this function)

How do people build this lib successfully? I am trying to follow analogman151 guide, but downloading devkitpro and libctru and libctrpf keeps running into failures. Is this right place in forum to ask as I am new here?
That happens if you try to compile with an old CTRPF. Update to the latest one.

moemah123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happens if you try to compile with an old CTRPF. Update to the latest one.
Would you kindly tell me where to get latest one or its full name? Also, I am pretty sure I had recent ones because most of it comes installed with devkitpro commands no?

running make && makeinstall make[1]: '/opt/devkitpro/libctru/lib/libctru.a' is up to date.

then running it from game folder, not sure what i am doing wrong if make passed for current libctru?

linking Re-Decode.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/devkitPro/libctrpf/lib\libctrpf.a(syscalls.o): in function `__system_initSyscalls':
syscalls.c:(.text.__system_initSyscalls+0xac): undefined reference to `__syscalls'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: syscalls.c:(.text.__system_initSyscalls+0xb8): undefined reference to `__libctru_gtod'

Last edited by moemah123,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Would you kindly tell me where to get latest one or its full name? Also, I am pretty sure I had recent ones because most of it comes installed with devkitpro commands no?

running make && makeinstall make[1]: '/opt/devkitpro/libctru/lib/libctru.a' is up to date.

then running it from game folder, not sure what i am doing wrong if make passed for current libctru?

linking Re-Decode.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/devkitPro/libctrpf/lib\libctrpf.a(syscalls.o): in function `__system_initSyscalls':
syscalls.c:(.text.__system_initSyscalls+0xac): undefined reference to `__syscalls'
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: syscalls.c:(.text.__system_initSyscalls+0xb8): undefined reference to `__libctru_gtod'
Where are you running make? That looks like your are trying to update libctru, not CTRPF.
The latest lib files are here: https://gitlab.com/thepixellizeross...5b13a8c7c3676/libctrpf-0.7.3-82e697c2.tar.bz2

Reactions: moemah123 and Nutez

moemah123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, I tried to use one I found from different github and it didn't work. Using yours, it was easy to replace and it worked! I appreciate it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: +2