Hacking CSI Fatal Conspiracy Fails USB load

JerJer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know the Configurable USB loader setup to get CSI Fatal Conspiracy to load a saved game?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the game itself work? I doubt that, i expect it to crash everytime you start a level/mission/whatever.

JerJer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about the game as of yet. But why do you think it won't work. Obviously you know something I don't. Please reveal.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JerJer said:
Not sure about the game as of yet. But why do you think it won't work. Obviously you know something I don't. Please reveal.

The old CSI game had that issue, so i expect the new one to have the same.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ios reload ? if that game has ios reload, than it doesnt work on the usb loader
biggrin.gif
i think you need dols. like metroid prime trilogy or sam and max
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hunter291 said:
ios reload ? if that game has ios reload, than it doesnt work on the usb loader
biggrin.gif
i think you need dols. like metroid prime trilogy or sam and max
biggrin.gif

You never need .dols, they are always on the disc.

Anyways, on Sam & Max there's also only 1 .dol, but booting that with a paramter gets the different episodes to play. Unfortunately the same doesn't work on CSI, well at least nobody found out where that parameter is stored(if there is one).

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game loads on USB, but when selecting first case it restarts wii.
Plays OK from DVD on chipped wiis.
Previous CSI (Hard Evidence) release had similar issue and was fixed by using PPF-o-Matic and applying .ppf patch/fix.
Another CSI (Deadly intent) worked after installing cIOS53-v5149-v3.5.
Now what with this new one?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For IOS reload game, you must play it on disc. Burn a disc backup then use Neogamma to load it. Be sure to block IOS reload in Neogamma's settings.

IOS reload game currently does not work in USB loading, period.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:
For IOS reload game, you must play it on disc. Burn a disc backup then use Neogamma to load it. Be sure to block IOS reload in Neogamma's settings.

I've tried this, with an NTSC backup on a PAL console.

Each time, the games main menu loads, but restarts the Wii when IOS Reload is set to off or method 1. When set to method 2, I get error 002.

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:

Not entirely true.

Some IOS reloading games can be played with the alt-dol method. All of them can be played via SNEEK/UNEEK with the DI plug-in. I know because I've been playing the CSI games with SNEEK for about 6 months now.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
erm...you propably already know this but in usb loader GX's launch options there's an option named "IOS reload"

maybe fiddling with that might solve the problem?

dunno what it does,dunno what it even means but everyone was going on about IOS reload and alt dols and stuff so i thought...why not?
laugh.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ToneEQ said:
trumpet-205 said:

Each time, the games main menu loads, but restarts the Wii when IOS Reload is set to off or method 1. When set to method 2, I get error 002.

Method 1 doesn't really work. Method 2 does work, but because Waninkoko didn't want to listen, he did not implement 002 error fixing for this, making this feature next to useless.

To play the game from disc you need to replace the IOS the game wants(IOS53?) with a cIOS(cioscorp/darkcop, only 1 cIOS from the whole package not the whole thing!). Then turn the IOS Reload blocker off and it should work.

It works for discs but not for usb loading, because directly after IOS Reload, the cIOS is ready to read from DVD-R, but lost all info if and what HDD it was using, which game and whatnot. It's a bit complicated, please don't ask: "Why doesn't Waninkoko do X?", because X, Y, Z, A, B, C ... were all asked already.

DownSince86 said:
trumpet-205 said:

Not entirely true.

Some IOS reloading games can be played with the alt-dol method. All of them can be played via SNEEK/UNEEK with the DI plug-in. I know because I've been playing the CSI games with SNEEK for about 6 months now.

Just about every game should work fine in SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+DI, 002 error and IOS Reloads shouldn't be any problems for these. When referring to problems with IOS Reloads the standard usb loaders(CFG, GX, WiiFlow or NeoGamma) are meant.

QUOTE(dysan @ Nov 8 2010, 10:43 PM)
erm...you propably already know this but in usb loader GX's launch options there's an option named "IOS reload"

maybe fiddling with that might solve the problem?

dunno what it does,dunno what it even means but everyone was going on about IOS reload and alt dols and stuff so i thought...why not?
laugh.gif

There are 2 different kinds of IOS Reload blockers:
1. Hermes IOS Reload blocker. I think it only works for the House of the Dead 2+3 disc to play the one game of those two that wouldn't work otherwise. This should work for discs+usb.
2. Waninkoko's IOS Reload blocker that is part of cIOS rev 20. This only works for discs with the 002 error restriction mentioned above.

PS: Altternative .dol loading doesn't help here, because there's only the main.dol and nobody knows if and what parameter the game uses

Mave0708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To play the game from disc you need to replace the IOS the game wants(IOS53?) with a cIOS(cioscorp/darkcop, only 1 cIOS from the whole package not the whole thing!). Then turn the IOS Reload blocker off and it should work.

yes that is what I had to do for the previous CSI Deadly Intent was install just cIOS53-v5149-v3.5
and it worked fine. now i know that one dosent work for this one because I already have it on my system and tried anybody have any idea what it is for this one?

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
ToneEQ said:

Method 1 doesn't really work. Method 2 does work, but because Waninkoko didn't want to listen, he did not implement 002 error fixing for this, making this feature next to useless.

It works for discs but not for usb loading, because directly after IOS Reload, the cIOS is ready to read from DVD-R, but lost all info if and what HDD it was using, which game and whatnot. It's a bit complicated, please don't ask: "Why doesn't Waninkoko do X?", because X, Y, Z, A, B, C ... were all asked already.

Tried the IOS53-64-v5149.wad from the DARKCORP 1.1 package = no luck. IOS Reload was turned off in NeoGamma R9 B44.

I know of one person on another forum who has apparently got it working, but hasn't said how, and won't reply to my PM's...

bj4e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I know very little about the ios reloading problem but didn't the ppf patch fix the second one, or did it just fix it for disk loading? Could it be the same as that where you need the header from the actual disk, loaded into the ppf patch? Just speculating, and trying to help out. I haven't play any of the 3 but this could be an issue later on if it pops up in more games.

Mave0708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bj4e2 said:
I know very little about the ios reloading problem but didn't the ppf patch fix the second one, or did it just fix it for disk loading? Could it be the same as that where you need the header from the actual disk, loaded into the ppf patch? Just speculating, and trying to help out. I haven't play any of the 3 but this could be an issue later on if it pops up in more games.

I could not say yes/no on that point because I'm not to familiar with that, but I do know for the second CSI which is Deadly Intent all I had to do was install cIOS53-v5149-v3.5 and play it on burnt disc through Neogamma which at the time I cant remember what version of neo it was.

What I'm curious about is (I'm ok with WII stuff no expert) obviously IOS53 was the one needed for the reload but how was it determined that cIOS53-v5149-v3.5 from ciscorp package was the one needed to install to make it work? I'm willing to test and try things but knowledge when it comes to that aspect is a little bit limited.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You just need to know which IOS the game requests. SoftChip tells you that when loading the game. Or you can use some tool on the tmd of the game, which you can extract with WiiScrubber.

bj4e2 said:

Could you please link me to a release post of that patch? Not a download link, i want to know what this is, i ever heard of it.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
SoftChip output log
Code:
[10/10 15:58:22] ---------------------
[10/10 15:58:22] Loading Disc...
[10/10 15:58:30] Disc ID: SCIE
[10/10 15:58:30] Disc Title: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
[10/10 15:58:30] IOS requested by the game inside the tmd: 56
[10/10 15:58:33] IOS requested by the apploader: 56 (Rev 5405)

OK, so tried IOS56-64-v5661.wad from the DARKCORP pack, still no joy.

Anything else that I can try?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ToneEQ said:
SoftChip output log
Code:
[10/10 15:58:22] ---------------------
[10/10 15:58:22] Loading Disc...
[10/10 15:58:30] Disc ID: SCIE
[10/10 15:58:30] Disc Title: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
[10/10 15:58:30] IOS requested by the game inside the tmd: 56
[10/10 15:58:33] IOS requested by the apploader: 56 (Rev 5405)

OK, so tried IOS56-64-v5661.wad from the DARKCORP pack, still no joy.

Anything else that I can try?

This looks like an IOS. If you set SoftChip to use IOS56 and it doesn't even boot the game, then you know that this isn't a cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2