Crytek Sells Homefront IP to Deep Silver

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    [​IMG]

Recently, I posted a news article on Crytek gaining a new source of income that "rejuvenated" their funds. Before hand, they kept it quiet on how and where they exactly got this money, but have now recently announced that they sold Homefront and all of it's properties, including the brand new Homefront sequel, to Deep Silver. Deep Silver will now be taking over development on Homefront: Revolution.

:arrow:Source

2. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    ...not hurting for money...right...

XrosBlader821 likes this.
  3. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Looks like the rumor was true. Least Homefront was saved I guess, but was it even worth saving? The first game is one of the very few I didn't bother with lastgen.

4. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    It was okay, I never had a chance to try to multiplayer though. I've seen the main story(I played the first two missions myself from what I remember), I like it because Korea is involved.(*Looks at his avatar*) But the gameplay is a different story. These are the words from a person who doesn't like FPS's though so don't take them too serious. :3

I might buy this new Homefront if the price is right. ^_^

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I wouldn't say I'm confident about this, not that Homefront was ever that great to begin with but Deep Silver isn't full of great devs that would make it any better.

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    So Crytek wasted years of time and money and Deep Silver has paid millions for Homefront. It sounds like a lose-lose all around.

I beg you don't Crytek.

7. x Mac Gear x

x Mac Gear x Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2014
    United States
    lol idk if wiki is right but it says the company has released more than 200 games. Only games I remember from them is the dead island and metro series. There not something to brag about either, but neither was homefront. That game looked and played like a ps2 game. Just couldnt get into it, but maybe cry has a decent amount done already. That way Deep Silver can have a good game or at least one thats not glitchy.

8. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Deep Silver is mostly a publisher, they've published around 200 games. They (with their 2 now 3 dev groups) have developed only a handful of games, including Saints Row IV (they acquired ownership of Volition as Saints Row IV was being developed).