MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
screenshot_280567.jpg

Crytek CEO, Cevat Yerli, has confirmed in an interview with CVG that not just CryEngine 3 run on Wii U but that it runs "beautifully". But not just that he has said something really interesting for those wondering the power of the Wii U "From my perspective I do not understand the public's concerns that the Wii U is weaker than PS3 and 360," he said. "That I cannot see. From my perspective the Wii U is minimum as powerful as Xbox 360."

Source

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should I known this was going to be posted anyway. :lol:

Think this is important part as well.
"In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great."

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
The only official statements concerning the power of the system comes from Iwata, according to him the best looking Wii U games shown at E3 only reached about halfway of what the console could have outputted. He has also mentioned that the Wii U is designed to compete with future game systems, not current.
Leaked spec-sheets says about 4x the 360 which is pretty much what we should expect. Remember, 720 is rumored to be about 6x more powerful, this means that the gap between these consoles should be insignificant.

Finally, developers who are actually working with the console say that they're very pleased and that the Wii U is a true next gen system.

In any case it's practically impossible for it to be on par and even less for it to be weaker that current gen.
Wii was a one time gamble, Iwata regrets their decisions and he wants to correct what went wrong with online and hardware, casuals have moved on and thus according to Nintendo won't/can't be their main financial source anymore.

Can't believe what impact the bullshit article about the two anonymous developers had, the rumors even made it to my local newspaper where they stated that the Wii U wouldn't be comparable with the 360 even, wtf?
There's a huge amount of positive and credible sources out there yet people still want to believe and spread this rumor?

Sigh...

Reactions: 5 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we still going on about this?
For the Nintendo haters saying that the Wii U isn't powerful enough. This is also news about confirming that the CryEngine 3 will run on "Beautifully" Wii U.

I don't think people have actually contested the Wii U's power (or at the very least, the fact that it would be at least at the level of current consoles) for a long, long while. If the second part is the only real news here, why not have the title reflect that?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The fact that it's "minimum as powerful as the XBox 360" goes without saying - the console has a stronger GPU that's a few generations ahead, much more RAM and they both run PowerPC-based processors, except the one in the WiiU is far stronger and more contemporary than the one in the 360.

This isn't anything new at all.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There's a huge amount of positive and credible sources out there yet people still want to believe and spread this rumor?
It's just confirmation bias. Doesn't matter if the source is credible, some people will believe it as long as it says what they want to hear

Reactions: 3 people

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"This just in: People will make great games for future consoles and the games will work better than before!"

Can't we get over this already?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously guys, we don't need any news about the Wii U's power unless it's really news. I'm really sick of the "it's as powerful as X" or "it's as weak as Y" crap. All these threads do is bring nothing useful and a whole lot of bitching.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was never any huge argument that the Wii U would be LESS powerful than the 360. The public, at least as far as I can tell, is worried it will not be as powerful as next gen MS/Sony. And since Nintendo has provided next to zero spec information, I can only assume from statements and footage that the Wii U will obviously not be in the same ballpark as next gen Sony/MS. And if the next xbox has augmented reality glasses, I will shit my pants.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho