• Start date
  • Views 2,621
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted User

OP
screenshot_140158_thumb300.jpg

-CVG

Crytek has told us it's exploring the possibility of making a new Timesplitters game.

"Yeah, we have been discussing it, but nothing has been confirmed yet, so let's see after Crysis 2," CEO Cevat Yerli told us.

The last released title in the Free Radical developed FPS series was 2005's TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, but a fourth game was in development before the UK studio went into administration in late 2008.

Free Radical was subsequently purchased by Crytek and renamed Crytek UK, and Yerli says he's very pleased with the work the team has been doing on the multiplayer component of Crysis 2, which hits stores in March.

"I love working with our UK friends," he said. "The team has been performing up to the quality bar easily. Our thinking was that the team had done 80-85 rated games, and we thought that with the right technology, IP and global IP direction they could reach the 90 barrier. I'm very confident that they can do that.

"Today we have around 70 plus team members working on multiplayer only," he added. "That's a huge commitment from our company and was only possible because Free Radical had that capacity and was able to grow quite fast after we took it over."

An Xbox 360 console exclusive multiplayer demo released earlier this week, while an upcoming PC demo was confirmed this morning.

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
tigris said:
Sheaperd121 said:
I never played the other Timesplitters, are they any good?
Think of Halo meet Crysis meet Call of Duty
But with tons of great humour! Everything in the game was a mickey-take or pastiche of popular culture, from James Bond to Donald Duck.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tigris said:
Think of Halo meet Crysis meet Call of Duty

QUOTE(Juanmatron @ Jan 30 2011, 03:41 PM) It's like GoldenEye/Perfect Dark.

I like that, describing/comparing an old franchise involves 3 modern franchises or one/maybe 2 old franchises. This is what online multiplayer on consoles has done to the FPS. Made them easier with less features or no actual game to them. Games that would have been counted as a bunch of test levels not too long back.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sheaperd121 said:
I never played the other Timesplitters, are they any good?
Their amazing. Although I've never played TS1; TS2 and FP are great FPS's.

I'm assuming we'll find out the fate of timesplitters at this years E3.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried for the series, now that it's been pushed into this new group. It's just begging to lose its awesome style and gameplay because "original" team members won't be fully in charge.

Worst of all they'll change the awesome basic gameplay to try and match the 12391273 other shooters out right now... which would be pathetic
frown.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, given Crytek's history of games, Far Cry and Crysis, both of which use the CryENGINE, the game will be renamed CrySplitters.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have TS2 for the Gamecube and I never had the patience to get off the first level as the controls are just too cumbersome. FPS games on consoles are like texting with mittens on.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depravo said:
I have TS2 for the Gamecube and I never had the patience to get off the first level as the controls are just too cumbersome. FPS games on consoles are like texting with mittens on.
same reason I havn't played them though you could try running it on a emulator while binding the c-stick to your mouse

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
qlum said:
Depravo said:
same reason I havn't played them though you could try running it on a emulator while binding the c-stick to your mouse
Ha, not on THIS computer.
laugh.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Celice said:
I'm worried for the series, now that it's been pushed into this new group. It's just begging to lose its awesome style and gameplay because "original" team members won't be fully in charge.

Worst of all they'll change the awesome basic gameplay to try and match the 12391273 other shooters out right now... which would be pathetic
frown.gif
This is a possibility, although most of the main people who worked on timesplitters are in Crytek UK AKA Free radical so it wouldn't lose it's style. (at least not for that reason)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey