Crytek delays 'Crysis Remastered' following backlash over graphics in leaked trailer

crysis re.PNG

Initially planned for a July 23rd release, Crytek postponed the release of its remastered legendary game Crysis. The reason being a leaked trailer's graphics leaving fans unimpressed. See it for yourself below:

In a tweet, the official Crysis account confirmed the authenticity of the leaked video and announced that they will delay the official trailer premiere and game launch by "a few weeks". “This extra time until release will allow us to get Crysis Remastered up to the PC- and console-breaking standard you’ve come to expect from Crysis games,” their announcement reads.

:arrow: SOURCE

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to have played the original to compare and contrast side-by-side screenshots. The graphics have been very slightly upgraded in some respects and slightly downgraded in others, resulting in a sidegrade at best overall. Which makes buying the game a second time completely unnecessary and completely unappealing for owners of the original.

Unfortunately I can confirm it still opens Origin to launch and closes once you exit the game.

That's the beauty of PC, almost no games released last gen are in need of a remaster/second purchase, and games that don't continue to receive official support still receive unofficial support from the modding community.

It's just frustrating. The Last Remnant was suspiciously delisted from Steam shortly before the remaster, which never released for PC!

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is a rare instance in that the PS4 version is in most respects an objective improvement from the PC version. The graphics are less blurry and there's fewer glitches. (next to none of the crashing, interception fire issues, trouble getting up ramps, falling through ladders, and stuff reported around the web by PC users)

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just hope that this is a well-optimized game for PC.

Many big performance problems with the original release were actually to do with them predicting the future of CPUs wrong. And really, this should be a free download for people who already own it for PC. It does not look like much of a remaster. A few extra weeks will not change that.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would be happy to just have a steam release that still has online and supports newer computers (which only gog version does)
get the gog version then
If a game is both on steam and gog it's a way better decision to get the gog version, since there won't be any DRM attached to it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i would be disappointed i guess but ive never played the original crysis and judging by the fact it's only known for it's graphics i dont think ill be playing it any time soon

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
... Am I the only one not getting what gamers miss? Character animations are perhaps a bit stiff, but that's just me splitting hairs. The rest just looks fine from what I can tell (in as far as anyone can tell anything with this mad editing mess).

I think the problem is that time has caught up to the reputation. Crysis was this game that was supposed to bring your average pc crying to its knees, wishing it was a BETTER pc. However, yer average pc can run it now (I presume), so people want a remaster that blows their socks off.
... Because let's be honest : this isn't about gameplay but about bragging about fps'es (as in 'frames per second', not the genre) against your friends.
It does look good! It looks just like the original game!

That's the problem, because it's labeled as a remaster. Of course you can call anything whatever you want, but the majority of games being called remasters have significant improvements from the original. This looks like it should have had "re-release" for the subtitle.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's the problem, because it's labeled as a remaster. Of course you can call anything whatever you want, but the majority of games being called remasters have significant improvements from the original. This looks like it should have had "re-release" for the subtitle.
The problem might be because this port has been built to accommodate Nintendo Switch

If they were serious about making a Remaster for PC such, Switch would get a totally separate port not really related to the PC Remaster.

This definitely is not what people call a Remaster. You are right, it is a re-release. That I hope is optimized well.. maybe it will be optimized almost O-Kish but for some reason I don't know why but I have a feeling it won't be one of the better optimized modern PC games.

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee,
Reactions: Jonna

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
The problem might be because this port has been built to accommodate Nintendo Switch

If they were serious about making a Remaster for PC such, Switch would get a totally separate port not really related to the PC Remaster.

This definitely is not what people call a Remaster. You are right, it is a re-release. That I hope is optimized well.. maybe it will be optimized almost O-Kish but for some reason I don't know why but I have a feeling it won't be one of the better optimized modern PC games.
That would definitely explain it.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
People need to realize that the whole "can it run crysis" meme is just a meme. A lot of machines at the time couldn't run the game because it was a significant step in technology but most people caught up within the two years after it's release.
except is wasn't a meme.
the original crysis, while it looked marvelous, it was badly optimized. pc's from a few generations later still didn't managed to run it flawlessly at 60fps without dips.
it was even more obvious when crysis warhead released and looked as good if not better and ran much smoother.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's probably because it needs to run on Switch as well, and they don't want it to look too different across platforms. As it is, I don't think it looks that bad, but most certainly good enough to be called a "remaster". One of my biggest nitpicks of how awesome a lot of the triple-A 8th generation games were was how dated all of the foliage looked in so many games, as if they just pulled textures from Ocarina of Time, applied anti aliasing, smacked it onto two voxels in a + shape and stuck it on the ground, and the same thing seems to be present here, regardless of how the foliage was one of the coolest parts of the original release. Oh, well. Here's hoping this one will at least be better optimized than the original one. Gosh, that was a fuckfest of spaghetti code.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Erm... I'm actually in doubts on that. Granted, I'm just playing c&c remastered, which is indeed a HUGE upgrade (no wonder... The original was from 25 years ago). But most of the time the word 'remaster' doesn't mean much to me. Even side by side comparisons often just look like 'hey... We just increased the brightness or contrast on this!'. It's even more embarrassing (to me... I feel like my eyes are broken) when I can't tell the remaster aside from the original in such videos.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Erm... I'm actually in doubts on that. Granted, I'm just playing c&c remastered, which is indeed a HUGE upgrade (no wonder... The original was from 25 years ago). But most of the time the word 'remaster' doesn't mean much to me. Even side by side comparisons often just look like 'hey... We just increased the brightness or contrast on this!'. It's even more embarrassing (to me... I feel like my eyes are broken) when I can't tell the remaster aside from the original in such videos.
Every one's eyes and minds are different (that dumb dress and every one was seeing different colours as an example), so I believe you there. I don't really have a rebuttal here. I can see definite differences, but that's just me, and just saying I respect you see what you see.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM