1. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    It's just frustrating. The Last Remnant was suspiciously delisted from Steam shortly before the remaster, which never released for PC!

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is a rare instance in that the PS4 version is in most respects an objective improvement from the PC version. The graphics are less blurry and there's fewer glitches. (next to none of the crashing, interception fire issues, trouble getting up ramps, falling through ladders, and stuff reported around the web by PC users)

2. Crazystato

Crazystato GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Looks like trailer was recorded on a switch

StrayGuitarist and Bladexdsl like this.
  3. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish
    Former Staff

Japan
    This looks exactly the same, I don't even see what is supposed to be "remastered".

Xzi likes this.
  4. Imparasite

Imparasite GBAtemp Fan

Norway
    2020 and still cant run crysis good :rofl2:

5. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I just hope that this is a well-optimized game for PC.

Many big performance problems with the original release were actually to do with them predicting the future of CPUs wrong. And really, this should be a free download for people who already own it for PC. It does not look like much of a remaster. A few extra weeks will not change that.

Xzi and Subtle Demise like this.
  6. MeAndHax

MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    *swears in german*
    Verdammt nochmal

7. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    get the gog version then
    If a game is both on steam and gog it's a way better decision to get the gog version, since there won't be any DRM attached to it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i would be disappointed i guess but ive never played the original crysis and judging by the fact it's only known for it's graphics i dont think ill be playing it any time soon

8. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    It does look good! It looks just like the original game!

That's the problem, because it's labeled as a remaster. Of course you can call anything whatever you want, but the majority of games being called remasters have significant improvements from the original. This looks like it should have had "re-release" for the subtitle.

9. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Canada
    The problem might be because this port has been built to accommodate Nintendo Switch

If they were serious about making a Remaster for PC such, Switch would get a totally separate port not really related to the PC Remaster.

This definitely is not what people call a Remaster. You are right, it is a re-release. That I hope is optimized well.. maybe it will be optimized almost O-Kish but for some reason I don't know why but I have a feeling it won't be one of the better optimized modern PC games.

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee, Jul 4, 2020
    Jonna likes this.
  10. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Canada
    Double post? Whaa?

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee, Jul 4, 2020
  11. Jonna

Canada
    That would definitely explain it.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  12. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

Chile
    except is wasn't a meme.
    the original crysis, while it looked marvelous, it was badly optimized. pc's from a few generations later still didn't managed to run it flawlessly at 60fps without dips.
    it was even more obvious when crysis warhead released and looked as good if not better and ran much smoother.

13. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

United States
    I think it's probably because it needs to run on Switch as well, and they don't want it to look too different across platforms. As it is, I don't think it looks that bad, but most certainly good enough to be called a "remaster". One of my biggest nitpicks of how awesome a lot of the triple-A 8th generation games were was how dated all of the foliage looked in so many games, as if they just pulled textures from Ocarina of Time, applied anti aliasing, smacked it onto two voxels in a + shape and stuck it on the ground, and the same thing seems to be present here, regardless of how the foliage was one of the coolest parts of the original release. Oh, well. Here's hoping this one will at least be better optimized than the original one. Gosh, that was a fuckfest of spaghetti code.

14. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm... I'm actually in doubts on that. Granted, I'm just playing c&c remastered, which is indeed a HUGE upgrade (no wonder... The original was from 25 years ago). But most of the time the word 'remaster' doesn't mean much to me. Even side by side comparisons often just look like 'hey... We just increased the brightness or contrast on this!'. It's even more embarrassing (to me... I feel like my eyes are broken) when I can't tell the remaster aside from the original in such videos.

15. Jonna

Canada
    Every one's eyes and minds are different (that dumb dress and every one was seeing different colours as an example), so I believe you there. I don't really have a rebuttal here. I can see definite differences, but that's just me, and just saying I respect you see what you see.

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  16. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria
    TheCasualties likes this.
  17. Crazynoob458

Crazynoob458 GBAtemp's friendly wii hacker

Australia
    it looks fine or its my eyes

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Remastered, following, backlash