1. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    "rest assure"?? it's "rest assured", embarrassing to have a mistake in it (in their message image on twitter)
    some people get it wrong as "be rest assured", but never seen this one before.

Last edited by cearp, Jul 3, 2020
    Silent_Gunner likes this.
  2. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    Minecraft?

MarcusCarter likes this.
  3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Uhhh...what? I have the first two games on Steam (third one's EA-only, though considering I heard that one suffered from the Number Three Curse, all I'm missing out on is probably an expensive benchmark that isn't even used anymore that I'm aware of), and I remember being able to run the OG just fine...

Xzi likes this.
  4. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Crysis 3 is back on Steam as of a few weeks ago. I enjoyed all three single-player campaigns, and probably 2's multiplayer most even though I didn't stick with it all that long.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  5. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    i seriously doubt it, the original is currently on sale for 107 UYU on my region, little more than 2 American Dollars, i dont know how much it costs in your region, but i cant think it would be too much more, at most you can expect a discount code, like owners of aoe2 hd got a 25% discount code for the new remake, there is a legal version of crysis that runs: the gog release, i played it and worked perfectly on my modern windows 10 pc, honestly crysis remastered is a hard to fuck up game, remove securom, add new servers for online, add achievements, have whatever tweaks they used in gog for steam and origin and boom, you are done

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    ... Am I the only one not getting what gamers miss? Character animations are perhaps a bit stiff, but that's just me splitting hairs. The rest just looks fine from what I can tell (in as far as anyone can tell anything with this mad editing mess).

I think the problem is that time has caught up to the reputation. Crysis was this game that was supposed to bring your average pc crying to its knees, wishing it was a BETTER pc. However, yer average pc can run it now (I presume), so people want a remaster that blows their socks off.
    ... Because let's be honest : this isn't about gameplay but about bragging about fps'es (as in 'frames per second', not the genre) against your friends.

Last edited by Taleweaver, Jul 3, 2020
  7. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    Agreed, but in the case of sr3, you can't do minor graphics and performances enhancements to a game that doesn't exist on that platform.

I fully agree with cashgrabs this gen in terms of supposed remasters (saints row 4 for one, darksiders 2, the list in huge I agree). But saints row 3 is a huge upgrade over last console releases. You can't knock a remaster for consoles just because the pc release from back in the day was already superior to the console releases at that time. PCs back then were lightyears ahead of home consoles towards the latter end of the life cycle.

8. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

If this remaster doesn't crash my computer and set my GPU on fire the second I boot it up then I'm refunding it immediately.

9. Sinon

Sinon You can call me either Mike or Autumn

Costa Rica
    As someone who didn't play the original...

Uh... this looks fine?

10. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Sweet! It doesn't require Origin, right?

11. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

United States
    They should have just called it a rerelease for current gen systems and PC's. The game is probably too old to just amp up the settings and adding new features probably would be less productive than just recreating the game. The only reason they are calling it a remaster is to sell it instead of updating the game

Last edited by GoldenBullet, Jul 4, 2020
  12. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    Lately consoles have been getting remasters with enhancements that have NOT been brought to the PC version via official patches.

Like Disgaea 1 Complete's HD character sprites.
    Batman Return to Arkham was ported over to Unreal Engine 4, though its changes are divisive. The PC version remains UE3.

13. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    You don't need to have played the original to compare and contrast side-by-side screenshots. The graphics have been very slightly upgraded in some respects and slightly downgraded in others, resulting in a sidegrade at best overall. Which makes buying the game a second time completely unnecessary and completely unappealing for owners of the original.

Unfortunately I can confirm it still opens Origin to launch and closes once you exit the game.

That's the beauty of PC, almost no games released last gen are in need of a remaster/second purchase, and games that don't continue to receive official support still receive unofficial support from the modding community.

14. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Big Sneeze#9629

Australia
    I can't speak for Crysis 3, but Titanfall 2 on Steam installed a "lite" version of Origin that's basically the full version of it anyway :/ I'd be wary about assuming that any of their other games don't require Origin as well

Silent_Gunner and Xzi like this.
  15. Gunstorm

Brazil
    That game is beautiful from a long time ago, now i dont expect anything less then mindblow

16. Latiodile

Latiodile Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    in a lot of cases the lighting is actually worse
    steam version runs fine for me though, it doesn't include the 64 bit binaries for some ungodly reason however
    it's EA, they'll make you buy it again, like they did for burnout paradise
    also it still runs fine for me,

Last edited by Latiodile, Jul 4, 2020
    Azerus_Kun likes this.
  17. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    ...and? Not a fair comparison as Minecraft is trying to stick to their look. It really doesn't need fixed to be relevant in the modern world. Funny enough, neither does Crysis. People have become so accustomed to shitty God rays, over the top tesselation and motion blur. It's sad. Crysis still looks better than most games released today.

Last edited by Memoir, Jul 4, 2020
  18. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    People need to realize that the whole "can it run crysis" meme is just a meme. A lot of machines at the time couldn't run the game because it was a significant step in technology but most people caught up within the two years after it's release.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  19. noobita029

noobita029 Member
    Newcomer

I got my crysis from a certain well-exercised female and it looks like that on max settings. Definitely a hard pass for me on this remaster.

20. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The Remaster label has such a big expectation on it. I will buy it for Nintendo Switch in whatever state it comes ... as for 1 I have never played the title before. 2 it's simply a 15 year-ish (right?) old titel in itself. Either way looking forward to it!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Remastered, following, backlash