1. 8,366

Front-page
    crysis re.PNG

Initially planned for a July 23rd release, Crytek postponed the release of its remastered legendary game Crysis. The reason being a leaked trailer's graphics leaving fans unimpressed. See it for yourself below:

In a tweet, the official Crysis account confirmed the authenticity of the leaked video and announced that they will delay the official trailer premiere and game launch by "a few weeks". “This extra time until release will allow us to get Crysis Remastered up to the PC- and console-breaking standard you’ve come to expect from Crysis games,” their announcement reads.

:arrow: SOURCE

2. Discussion (55 replies)

3. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

when Crysis Remastered can't run Crysis...

4. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    'Twas indeed very unimpressive. I don't expect a few weeks will be enough to fix it though, either. Some remasters will always just be half-assed cashgrabs, like this and SR3.

5. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I was only watching it on my mobile and was surprised. I really didn't think they would release it such poor shape, clearly a cheap cash grab attempt.

I actually don't remember it looking that back, but I suppose it was a few years ago. Trouble is, the poor optimisation too. The game was generic mostly back then, it'll be quite poor now.

6. Chary

Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    Uh...huh. Low effort remaster, check. Awkward few weeks delay to fool people into believing it'll be all the time they need to fix it, check. No thank youuuuu.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I still think Crysis 1 is a good looking game. Don't really see what the issue is. Most games that go for realistic graphics age poorly but Crysis 1 was so ahead of its time, it still looks good today. And it's about par of the course for remasters, really. They usually don't get any significant visual improvements.

8. PineappleGod

PineappleGod I fuck everyone's happiness.

United States
    Imagine only making the lighting better.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  9. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    I don't know how to feel about this.
    On one hand, they called it a remaster, so people shouldn't have been expecting a full-on reworking.
    On the other, that barely looks any different from the original, particularly the foliage looks very outdated, which is a problem because it's most of what set the original apart.

Maybe if instead of saying "remastered" they'd said "mostly the same but now it runs at 60fps on regular CPUs" there wouldn't have been as much backlash.

10. Rail Fighter

Rail Fighter GBAtemp Regular

Angola
    They have suffered a crysis.

gamefan5, hurrz, SpiffyJUNIOR and 4 others like this.
  11. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    Sr3 being saints row 3?

If so, gotta disagree there, that's a quality remaster, at least on PS4 pro. Looks like a fair amount of work went in to that compared to the original.

12. notrea11y

notrea11y GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    While I don't see what all this fuzz is all about (looked fine by me... I don't know about the orignal though)...

I would like em to add some multiplayer...

13. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    i would be happy to just have a steam release that still has online and supports newer computers (which only gog version does)

14. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I'm sure it's more of a noticeable improvement on consoles, but even in that case I think remastering a game that was released just one generation ago sets a bad precedent. Minor graphics and performance enhancements should be handled with patches, especially now that consoles have some semblance of parity with gaming PCs.

MicmasH_W and Silent_Gunner like this.
  15. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Please bring BLACK Remastered to Switch !

Justin20020 and Memoir like this.
  16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    leaked video bs they leaked it on purpose to see what reaction it would get!

i can't wait to see how half assed and shit it will run on the switch. it will be a miracle if it even runs at a stable 30fps :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jul 3, 2020
  17. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    Will this be a free upgrade from the original Steam / EA copy?...I think it should be...

In the current state, even if you buy Crysis legitimately, you can't even play it on modern hardware without downloading a hackneyed exe from a Russian GDrive.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, Jul 3, 2020
  18. diggeloid

diggeloid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why bother calling it a remaster if you're not going to actually remaster it? If they just called it a port it probably would've been fine. Crysis is a great game on its own (not just an old GPU benchmark tool), and I bet there are a lot of people who never got to play it back in the day who would have a blast with it now. I replayed it a few months ago and I thought it actually aged better than I thought it would.

19. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    yeah that sr3 remaster wasn't even done by the original devs

Xzi likes this.
  20. diggeloid

diggeloid GBAtemp Regular

United States

What do you mean? My steam version works just fine. Played it (relatively) recently on Linux with no issues.

21. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    I heard that it doesn't launch on 64 bit systems and it still installs legacy anti-cheat software that doesn't even work anymore

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Remastered, following, backlash