Crysis on very high

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by xcalibur, Mar 21, 2008.

Mar 21, 2008

Crysis on very high by xcalibur at 8:50 PM (5,842 Views / 0 Likes) 65 replies

1. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    I'm just wondering where the insane drop in performance comes from whenever you switch from high to very high graphics quality?
    Even triple SLI card setups have trouble when you start enabling AA and AF..

2. MystikEkoez

Member MystikEkoez GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. b4nn3d

Newcomer b4nn3d Member

United States
    It is because of DX10. Swith to DX9, and use the Very High DX9 hack. Should play much better.

4. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I hate crysis. Mad racist to Koreans. And i AM Korean. They should be sued for racism or somthing.

5. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
  6. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i dont understand what the point of the link is. And i just found out that its racist againts North Koreans. Im fine with that, if south, id kill the person who supported the game(EA i think...)

7. b4nn3d

Newcomer b4nn3d Member

United States
    Are you serious?

8. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
  9. Gman 101

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    There is one BLATANTLY OBVIOUS answer to why Crysis doesn't run well. I'd have thought a forum like this would have SOME people realise...

You see... this game is made by EA, notorious for highly unoptimized games, riddled with bugs and made of pure crap. Now months prior to the release of Crysis, EA touted "a computer with 3 year old hardware can run this with no problem". My ass. If EA had spent some time making quality games, then Crysis would be a much more enjoyable experience. Crysis at low detail looks worse than Far Cry at medium.

Death to EA, scourge and scum of the video gaming industry!

And to the racist note: So what? I'm Chinese, I put up with shit everyday in reality, and I'm always shifted to the American team on Chinese maps on Battlefield 2. In the end, NK and US team up and fight the aliens.

Oh and I almost forgot to say, Crysis was never optimised for SLI or Crossfire setups. Then again, the OP mentioned 3 way SLI. Nvidia has always sucked badly with multi GPU, and 3 way SLI is proven to be an epic fail. It performs slower than normal SLI AND eats up far more power. So I'm not surprised 3 way is an epic fail in Crysis. But also, EA never optimizes well enough so really... multi GPU is not the way to go, and this is compounded by bad drivers from Nvidia. In the end, no one will be able to play Crysis until we get a supercomputer from space.

10. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    No, it's not. It's published by EA. Big difference. Crytek developed this game, apparently they don't know how to optimize very good.

11. ZeWarrior

Brazil
    Holy shit that picture is real. I just got my Game Informer Issue and that was on page 59 lol.

12. Scoobos

Newcomer Scoobos Advanced Member

Call me a miserable old sod, but I agree with the header - What a waste of taxpayers money , If I was an american citizen I'd be outraged at NASA.

This is the same NASA that has been telling us that they are worth giving money to because they help search for resources such as oil on other planets. Take a minute to think about that one, Oil comes from Fossils degrading over years - so how the hell are we going to find oil on a planet that doesn't have life?

Proof that aliens exist, or proof that NASA are off their heads.

For me, spending this dosh on running a shite game (play wise) with really poorly coded graphics in order to sell future graphics cards *cough Farcry and Nvidia* - is unacceptable.

People are dying every day from killer diseases with no cure, the environment needs a solution to burning fossil fuels and what do NASA do? Waste money on supercomputers and a stupid amount of electricity, to run a video game to show off.

13. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry, being in a magazine does not constitute "realness" My internet Satire sense tells me that it's not real.

14. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Its a mock up picture, its a photoshop job using a promo render, since that's your character and you don't see yourself. Not to mention the mission control room looks quite old.

15. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Umm... as much as I enjoy your discussion on how NASA is wasting their time or Crysis is racist, no one answered my question.
    It couldn't just be a question of optimization. You get MASSIVE drops in performance from 40+ fps on high to 4 on very high..

16. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Did no one see the "Game Infarcer" cover before the pages that say how great that one guy is (Itagaki? don't remember), and the reviews of Wii Nap etc? Or even at the bottom of the page where it said P A R O D Y?

17. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    The April issue?

18. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

Hey guys, remember when running oblivion on max settings was an impressive feat? Neither do I.

19. ZeWarrior

Brazil

Correct. Issue 180.

20. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    April. As in, April Fools.