luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country

Crytek have released a breathtaking new trailer of CryEngine 3, the latest update in the series of engines that powered the Crysis series, which is known for its state of the art graphics. The trailer shows off some of the new features we can expect from the engine and what next-generation consoles could be able to produce. All the footage was taken in real-time from Crysis 3, most likely from a top-end gaming PC.

icon11.gif
Source

D

Deleted_171835

CryEngine 3 is officially supported on the Wii U but it also should be noted that this doesn't necessarily mean this is possible on the console (or the PS4/720). This was likely run on high-end computers.

But then all of these features will disappear during the release, since implementing this into consoles will be impossible.
Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. PS4/720 (and likely Wii U) will support DirectX 11 features.

Edit: And then I realized the were talking about it the PS3/360. Yeah, that's going to be a heavily downgraded version.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
CryEngine 3 is officially supported on the Wii U but it also should be noted that this doesn't necessarily mean this is possible on the console (or the PS4/720). This was likely run on high-end computers.

But then all of these features will disappear during the release, since implementing this into consoles will be impossible.
Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. PS4/720 (and likely Wii U) will support DirectX 11 features.
But Crysis 3 wont be on Orbis and/or Durango.
Although I don't know about the WiiU, I really doubt it could support those features.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so meh with all these "hot tits new graphics". I'd rather they do something with the actual AI, the end of the day the game will just be a fancier version of Crysis 1 & 2 but with more vegetation this time.

Reactions: 8 people

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breath-Taking Graphics. I love! But I also want to say I agree with the poster above me, Hadrian. Graphics aren't everything, but I don't want to start a discussion of game-play vs. graphics...both are equally important IMO. Once again those graphics are amazing. :blink:

Reactions: 1 person

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but I don't like that style X_X. IMO video games shouldn't look that realistic. I mean, video games are a way of escaping reality. What's the difference if you go from reality to reality?

Because your not escaping from Reality to Reality no matter how real the games get they are still games!

Reactions: 2 people

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why but I don't like that style X_X. IMO video games shouldn't look that realistic. I mean, video games are a way of escaping reality. What's the difference if you go from reality to reality?

Because your not escaping from Reality to Reality no matter how real the games get they are still games!
You do have a point in there.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
well since no one seems noticing

they mention it will be FREE TO PLAY for offline or online games.

it's been proved that microtransaction over F2P games are more profitable then selling the game it self (which usually crackable no matter what DRM implemented)
I dunno, crytek I don't like them, yes they maybe did a major breakthrough with 3D engine, but totally forgot about gameplay specially replay value of the game.

eversince PC Games are so fucked up with console ports, I don't give a damn. We stuck with it, and will be stuck again in the future.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Before Nintendo started giving preference to gameplay rather than graphics I never saw anyone that said that graphics weren't important.
If graphics weren't important we would all still be playing Atari.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Before Nintendo started giving preference to gameplay rather than graphics I never saw anyone that said that graphics weren't important.

Graphics were important when there were leaps and bounds to be made with it. That is not really the case anymore.

Reactions: 5 people

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Graphics were important when there were leaps and bounds to be made with it. That is not really the case anymore.

Isn't it? Really?!
I see a huge graphical leap between current gen and pc.

You can see the graphical leap from current gen by this tech video
UE4 tech video and Luminous tech video.

Last gen I tought it was impossible to make better graphics,
now I look to the games I played and see how bad those graphics are now.

Compare a game from today with a game from 10 years ago.
It will be simmilar when 10 years from now if you look to the games made today.

D

Deleted_171835

Nintendo never actually said that graphics weren't important.

The Wii was a new strategy for them (that paid off) since the Gamecube and N64 weren't that successful. They didn't just wake up one day and say "HURR DURR GRAPHICS NOT IMPORTANT".

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Made me think of Fallout so much. Imagine Fallout world/game with this engine. That would be so epic, surreal and big. I can't see that happening for at least another 10 years. Game would be over 100GB

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The Wii was a new strategy for them (that paid off) since the Gamecube and N64 weren't that successful. They didn't just wake up one day and say "HURR DURR GRAPHICS NOT IMPORTANT".

Have you really read what I wrote?! I never said they said that!
With Wii and DS, instead of giving preference to graphics they gave preference to new ways of gameplay.
That's what I said.

D

Deleted_171835

Have you really read what I wrote?! I never said they said that!
With Wii and DS, instead of giving preference to graphics they gave preference to new ways of gameplay.
That's what I said.
Yes and they did that because their previous strategies (with specs on-par with other consoles) were unsuccessful. Not because they one day decided better graphics is pointless.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I'm loving them graphics, and no, graphics isn't the be all to a game, but if you are able to have graphics like that then why not?

I've really gotten into the Crysis franchise and looking forward to the release of Crysis 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU