Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

I'll definitely look at getting a flashcart in the later months/years depending on how successful the scene becomes, and what's with all the talk about pirating... Many people complain that the reason the DS didn't have as many gems in it's game libary as possilbe was due to the device being hacked, if that was the case, we wouldn't have any damn good games for any device, but the biggest developers (and the little) are still developing games...

Bottom line: If you don't pirate, that's good, if you do, that's fine as well, problems? Get over it, the world isn't fair.

2. Cuber

Cuber GBAtemp Regular

I don't get it.. region free doesn't force them to publish it in all country's.. I mean it never did on GB, GBA or DS.. did it? [​IMG]

3. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    I don't really think this cart will have a high compatility, what's the size of one game btw?

4. omega59

omega59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    so far the biggest game which is a Lego game is 500MB.

5. ianrulz1

ianrulz1 Member
    Newcomer

they said that each cart has about 8gig of memory per game - thats my point as well for why they can only load 1 game at a time, not many people can afford over 16gb micro sd cards an that would only be 2-3 games max! for flashcarts to become commercially viable for the 3ds then high end sd cards will have to decrease in price alot!

6. nikochanr3

nikochanr3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's BS. When the bigger games come out people have a total fit. Those are games they would buy. But they don't.

Look i pirate A LOT but the people here who want to say it doesn't hurt the companies at all, it's justified because somehow Nintendo "screwed" you (like Video games are a staple item you need to leave), etc. need to get perspective. We take. BECAUSE WE CAN. And its cheaper. We all got used to playing tons of games because of piracy. Just like the music.

"i only pirate because Nintendo puts out crap, it's their fault" Whatever gets you through the day...

7. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    No, you misunderstood. There are different size carts out there according to the size of the game. Just like there are different size SD cards. The size of the game decides the size of the cart that will be used. And right now the max cart size is 2GB I think. Later if there are bigger games they will be put on bigger carts.

And the reason they can load only one game is because they are trying to duplicate a 3DS cart with the only difference being rewritable memory so it's not possible to have more than one game on it at a time because the 3DS won't accept it.

8. ianrulz1

ianrulz1 Member
    Newcomer

ah i see, that does make more sense xD

9. kiel379

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

tbh i don't understand why theirs such a big stigma about pirating, especially with games consoles, if you think about it probably about 80% of ds owners don't even know flashcarts exist and of the remaining 20%, 5% max will actually own one. i did just make these figures up based on what other temp users have said but i recon its true, i know at least 12 people with a ds and only 3 of them know about flashcarts and that's only because i told them. at this point in time piracy is not a big issue with games, in a few years when the general populous gets more computer savvy then it will be a huge problem but right now i think were at time where we can mostly slip under the radar and continue to do what we do thanks to the masses not knowing about it and continuing to throw their money at greedy companies. anyone agree????

10. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    That's pretty huge, I really need to think about to buy the games in a store then [​IMG]

11. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I don't know about that. Hasn't piracy been around for a long time?

12. kiel379

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

well when you think about game piracy no not realy, compare it to music piracy, nearly everyone in the developed world knows that you can get music for free but the same cannot be said for games

13. drazenm

drazenm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Who the hell gives a bloody damn if u pirate or not, it doesent make you any worse than politicans theat go and bomb civilians for resources etc.

JUST STOP OFF TOPICING IF YOU WANNA PIRET BOOLDY PIRET!

IF YOU DONT THEN SHUT THE HELL UP AND DONT!

14. wuebas

wuebas Member
    Newcomer

United States
    we need more info, more videos with other games, more avances ......

15. mrwienerdog

mrwienerdog GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I was and have been pirating software in some form since 1984 using fast hack 'em (look it up on wiki) for the Commodore 64. We used to think back then the general public was going to get 'more computer savy' too. It just doesn't ever seem to happen.

16. kiel379

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

so your saying were probably going to contiue with the way things are for the foreseable future........that works for me [​IMG]

17. kiel379

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

lol shut up, the whole point of a conversation is that it grows and branches off onto other STILL RELATED things, if we started talking about the finer points of cleaning a ducks asshole then fine but talking about pirating is DIRECTLY related to this topic...dumass

18. kiel379

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

lol shut up, the whole point of a conversation is that it grows and branches off onto other STILL RELATED things, if we started talking about the finer points of cleaning a ducks asshole then fine but talking about pirating is DIRECTLY related to this topic...dumass

19. CropUpAnywhere

CropUpAnywhere Advanced Member
    Newcomer

HAH double post noob ^

20. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Well that was certainly worth signing up to post.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flashcard, Crown3ds, Hacking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.