Not open for further replies.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zanfire said:
@macho most probly dont, but i can help you get into a series that might be un a system they dont have hacked, or even a new genre, which it has for me.

BTW quick question: if this thing is real with the whole 1:1, would that mean that they cant tell if its a real cart or not, as in they wouldnt quickly notice and ban online accounts (though for the DS it never happened, im not sure how the "single" friend code" might work.
thats what i think unless each and every game has a unique code, then nintendo could see 100 of the same code online other then that i think it would be hard to ban

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
zanfire said:
BTW quick question: if this thing is real with the whole 1:1, would that mean that they cant tell if its a real cart or not, as in they wouldnt quickly notice and ban online accounts (though for the DS it never happened, im not sure how the "single" friend code" might work.
The way Nintendo failed at Ambassador's it's pretty obvious to me they can't ban consoles at all.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
zanfire said:
The way Nintendo failed at Ambassador's it's pretty obvious to me they can't ban consoles at all.
They failed at Ambassador's? When?

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is really real? i can't believe this, yeah since i have plan to buy 3DS and flashcart (maybe i buy this card??). i hope is real. but on video is weird for me, is make me think is fake...

yeah i really want play rune factory 4, and another awesome game on 3DS (if this card really legit and not fake, i will buy 3DS and this card) :3

anyway is can 3DS mode (on this card)?

clamj00ce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mewtwomaster3 said:
I am both excited and unsettled by this fact. Assuming that this flashcard is real, it would be nice to finally have a 3ds flashcart. However, I dislike the fact that one is being made so early. We need to wait until more good games come out and the 3ds is doing better before people start piracy, because it would kill off the 3ds, or bring it to a state that no one will make good games for it.

Why do people keep saying this crap like it's a fact?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clamj00ce said:
mewtwomaster3 said:
I am both excited and unsettled by this fact. Assuming that this flashcard is real, it would be nice to finally have a 3ds flashcart. However, I dislike the fact that one is being made so early. We need to wait until more good games come out and the 3ds is doing better before people start piracy, because it would kill off the 3ds, or bring it to a state that no one will make good games for it.

Why do people keep saying this crap like it's a fact?
Because it's not worth the trouble of writing "I think" or several other words showing speculation as it's pretty obvious that that's what it is.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Too anyone skeptical, this is real, and it really is not that hard to do. The scene members on IRC have been doing this for months. The only difference is that they have kept it to themselves. But in all honesty, this is no way a hack but instead just a replication. Really, this is not hard to do for those that have the know-how. This is not anything super special. This will not lead to any homebrew, but instead only piracy.

Now ignore me as I take a gasp of helium inside an exit bag.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
DeadlyFoez said:
Too anyone skeptical, this is real, and it really is not that hard to do. The scene members on IRC have been doing this for months. The only difference is that they have kept it to themselves. But in all honesty, this is no way a hack but instead just a replication. Really, this is not hard to do for those that have the know-how. This is not anything super special. This will not lead to any homebrew, but instead only piracy.

so... any chance to anything good come from this "flashkit"?

loco365

Trophies
XP
lokomelo said:
DeadlyFoez said:

so... any chance to anything good come from this "flashkit"?
Well, an exploit from a game to the SD card is a scenario, but
A. We need to de/reencrypt games to find an exploit and
B. We need to know how to bypass security features to run unsigned code.

It's possible, but not right now.

D

Deleted-236924

ron975 said:
Pingouin7 said:
ron975 said:
Pingouin7 said:
ron975 said:
I guess LGC was right O.o

I can see it now..

Crown3DS SDHCi; CrownGOLDi;CrownBlahBlahBlah

Though I might not buy this yet, I don't want to risk having a dead flashcart.
What...

Why would there be a Crown3DS SDHCi?
Fine, Crown3DS SDXC

You get my point
tongue.gif
This makes even less sense.

You really don't get what I'm saying?

Eventually, they'll be 3DS flashcart clones, and they'll all have the Crown3DS name on them, just like the R4
You really don't get what I'm saying?
It would make no sense for a clone to be named "Crown3DS SDHC" or "Crown 3DSi", since:
1- The original cart would already accept SDHC;
2- The original cart is a 3DS cart, so why the "i"?

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
This is more like when the SNES had carts that could be written to. I never bothered with it as it's 1:1. This device will do very little for the hacking scene, aside from maybe giving rom decryption which would be the next logical step. Why they'd need to decrypt the rom is beyond me since it's a 1:1 and should run fine without decryption unless I missed the memo.

What I'm hoping for is a full blown cart with homebrew (emulators ^-^), DS, and 3DS. The kind of cart that warrants the purchase of a 32GB SD card. I see that coming out around August of next year. Maybe by then the next hardware revision will include the second stick.

Ris312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
celeron53 said:
I wonder... how big and what type of file would the "3DS" roms be??

Filetype will be ".3ds", filesize either 256mb / 512mb / 1024mb (1gb) or 2048mb (2gb) for now.
and possibly 4096mb (4gb) and 8192mb (8gb) in the future when developers make bigger games.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars = 256mb
Super Monkey Ball 3D = 256mb
The Sims 3 = 256mb
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars = 512mb
Ridge Racer 3D = 1024mb (1gb)

chauffler

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:

lol not hard to do if you have the know how. there is a lot of money to be made here and about 4.5 billion people in the world like a lot of money so that must be some pretty gnarly know how.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ris312 said:
celeron53 said:
I wonder... how big and what type of file would the "3DS" roms be??

Filetype will be ".3ds", filesize either 256mb / 512mb / 1024mb (1gb) or 2048mb (2gb) for now.
and possibly 4096mb (4gb) and 8192mb (8gb) in the future when developers make bigger games.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars = 256mb
Super Monkey Ball 3D = 256mb
The Sims 3 = 256mb
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars = 512mb
Ridge Racer 3D = 1024mb (1gb)
How do you know that? It's extracted?
ohmy.gif

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaos123456 said:
Im not sure if someone has pointed this out but isnt this a US model playing Jap game?
unled1dsl.jpg

Yeah I'm sure that's a US model, but how do you know they are playing a Japanese game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday