Crowdfunding campaign for handheld gaming PC, AYA NEO, announced

aya neo 1.jpg

As reported earlier, the company behind the AMD-powered handheld gaming PC, AYA NEO, said that it would consider a crowdfunding campaign for the international market. The device, in the form of a Founder Edition, was already available in limited quantities in China in late 2020, priced at 3999 CN¥ (~$605) for the 500 GB model and 4599 CN¥ (~$756) for 1TB model. Now gamers abroad will be able to get their own unit as the company announced an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign.

aya neo 2.jpg

specs aya neo.PNG
Specs in thumbnail (click to enlarge)

The campaign page is already live, allowing those interested to sign up to get early access and a special discount. The company confirmed that their campaign will launch in "early February" when they will also sell accessories including a carrying case, screen protector and docking station. However, an exact launch date is yet to be revealed . The pricing has also yet to be officially revealed (the company said that they "guarantee that it's a good deal"), but has been rumored to start at a super early bird price of $699. The estimated time of delivery is in April and those who miss the campaign will also have the opportunity to purchase the AYA NEO at a different retail price.

:arrow: AYA NEO Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Avant Garde Design
Geek Style

I find this amusing. Like they wanted to put something about the look of it and had no ideas an threw some words together.

But it really seems a great machine.

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The clear switch style design looks great, RGB lights look a little bit off. As long as it will not break in hands or overheat like crazy, it will be a nice handheld gaming PC.

Reactions: rad140
D

Deleted User

i love how handheld pc's been doing lately, if they manage to get them between the 200-300 dollar range, nintendo will stop enjoying their monopoly over handhelds

Reactions: yoyoyo69

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying you should rush off and get one, I'm not going to, but to the concerns over this being crowdfunded... this isn't like a Kickstarter with some guys and a dream and a massively underestimated budget that'll get delayed 3 years and maybe never appear.

The Aya NEO has already been manufactured and sold in its home country. It's a complete and proven product. The IGG is just to raise funds to manufacture more of them. Could stuff go wrong? Sure. But the risk level is way lower than any other crowdfunding project.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tired of people copying the switch design or any other popular stuff. Why can't they come with their original items for once.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Tired of people copying the switch design or any other popular stuff. Why can't they come with their original items for once.
How young are you? This design is nothing new. Let alone copying the Switch design.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't say, that they're copying the Switch design. The Switch just happens to also look like a modern day hand held gaming device.
Two analogue sticks, a d-pad, four action buttons, four shoulder buttons, a few extra buttons and a screen in the middle. There isn't much you can change about the design. Except for maybe putting the screen above the controls and making the device foldable. That's the only thing I can come up with so far.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Except it looks exactly like the Switch design with a couple extra buttons...
Again, not new. Let alone copying. Nintendo is not the first to use this type of design. Do some research.

Last edited by Kioku,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, why can't Nintendo come up with an original design for their portable instead of ripping off the Archos Gamepad from 2012!

Oh :(

Anyways, the $699 rumor is an ok price, but I'd still rather just buy a "budget" gaming laptop with good specs vs this personally. $700 should still be able to get you like a brand new laptop with a 4600hs and a GTX 1650, which would blow this thing out of the water, not to mention great used deals on more powerful stuff if you don't mind used. The only thing this has going for it is "portability" and maybe comfort, and honestly it's not even all that more "portable" than a normal gaming laptop would be given that it'll never fit in any pocket ever.

That said, PRANS I STILL DEMAND THE REVIEW UNIT THAT I ASKED FOR WITH THAT FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD DAMMIT :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Anyways, the $699 rumor is an ok price, but I'd still rather just buy a "budget" gaming laptop with good specs vs this personally. $700 should still be able to get you like a brand new laptop with a 4600hs and a GTX 1650, which would blow this thing out of the water, not to mention great used deals on more powerful stuff if you don't mind used. The only thing this has going for it is "portability" and maybe comfort, and honestly it's not even all that more "portable" than a normal gaming laptop would be given that it'll never fit in any pocket ever.

That said, PRANS I STILL DEMAND THE REVIEW UNIT THAT I ASKED FOR WITH THAT FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD DAMMIT :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

the major draw is the portability for me really and also it brings much-needed competition to the handheld gaming PC space which has for years been practically dominated by GPD by default since no other companies targeted a similar market.

AND YES TOM, IF I EVER GET ONE BUT YOU DON'T SEEM VERY IMPRESSED BY IT AND AS THEY SAID THEY'LL CONTACT THE OP, SO I'LL LIFT THE BURDEN OFF YOU :yay::yay::yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I can prove what I am saying
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on arguing with a moron like this
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    haven't seen both
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: haven't seen both