Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
QUOTE said:
A bunch of trademarks, which appear to be related to the Nintendo 3DS popped up in Japan. CrossPass, CrossPass Mode, CrossPass Network, and CrossPass Connection all sound like they’re related to the tag mode inspired, always on networking feature. The Nintendo 3DS will allow players to exchange data while passing other players, even when they’re playing a different game.

Nintendo also registered trademarks for 3D Paddleball, 3D Challenge, and 3D Hopper. All of these sound like Nintendo 3DS software or, at the very least, tech demos. Nintendo also registered Target Shooting, which was the name of the neato augmented reality demo at E3.
Source

Cool name. So what do you guys think of this quiet data exchange feature? Ominous or awesome?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, it really depends on how they use it. If it's something like automatic friend code transfers, it could be very useful (and awesome).

I don't know how they'll use it exactly yet, so...only time can tell.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this in the new online topic thing. I think the online will also be called something like crosspass. I mean how cool is that name CrossPass or even it could be XPass something straight out of Megaman. I think the online should be called CrossPass Network and the Tag Mode CrossPass Mode since they're both registered.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Ehh, it really depends on how they use it. If it's something like automatic friend code transfers, it could be very useful (and awesome).

your name reminds me of Clay Aiken.

anywho, on topic, I wonder what kind of security the cross pass or whatever standby linking stuff will include... automated on the fly ad hoc connections could be somewhat risky if not handled correctly...

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
bwillb said:
Slyakin said:

your name reminds me of Clay Aiken.

anywho, on topic, I wonder what kind of security the cross pass or whatever standby linking stuff will include... automated on the fly ad hoc connections could be somewhat risky if not handled correctly...
That's a very good point. I've thought of many uses for various homebrews. But turning the 3DS into a virus emitters was something I had not considered at all.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
was there not a homebrew that changed depending on if there was any wifi close by or other hotspots?

EDIT: Homebrew Game

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

Let's hope that friend codes will not be used any longer, and that it exchanges a username or something.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
Slyakin said:

Let's hope that friend codes will not be used any longer, and that it exchanges a username or something.

Why does everyone hate friend codes? *I've never had a DS"

On topic: I hope that it allows you to find people that are further away.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jimwhat said:
DunkrWunkah said:
Slyakin said:

Why does everyone hate friend codes? *I've never had a DS"

On topic: I hope that it allows you to find people that are further away.
because they are completely inane... why type in 1125-6131-8262 when you can type in jimwhat and be done with it?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I don't like CrossPass for the online feature name, unless you can get your wiiware and dsiware games on a 3ds using it.
The 3D trademarks are probably a part of 3DSPlay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.