Crossover and Crosswired cable

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Westside, Dec 27, 2007.

  1. Westside

    Westside Sogdiana

    Dec 18, 2004
    Guantanamo bay
    I went to and found some cheap "cross wired" cable, what I'm looking for is a cable to link computers without any router in between, my friend told me it was crossover cable. Are these two the same thing? Thanks.
  2. FAST6191

    FAST6191 Techromancer

    pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    It think it a matter of who you speak to really, crossover is by far and away the most common while I have seen the latter used as well (it seems to be more intended for serial and parallel methods rather than "network" cable).

    This being said modern stuff can do with a bog standard network cable as it should have automatic crossover or whatever the company decides to call it.

    Crossover is not that hard to bodge a crossover cable either if you really need it: