Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since takashio is absent and I've been translating a good chunk of this on my own I figured I might as well start a new topic so I can more easily post updates.
This is built off of the progress of the other patch so it includes the item name translations and such from it.

What else is done in this patch:
-Location names: 100% (There's one or two things left in roumaji/romanji, but at least it's readable.)
-Equipment bonus effects: 100%
-Achievement medals: 100%
-Misc common text: ??? (I refer to common text as things you often see such as talking to Yousei to swap out dungeons or forging and class changing. I think I've gotten most of them other than the dungeon entrance skill changer.)
-Menu images: Barely anything, haha. If anyone knows how to read NCG/NCL files (Not NCGR/NCLR) then do tell.

Screenshots:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
Current Release:
13.jpg

Version 01a
This is mostly a bunch of fixes to typos and bugs.
I also translated a few more lines of Atone and Yousei along with the "Item Obtained" text (located in the arm9.bin file again. >.>)
Like, two image translations are included as a side effect of this release.

Previous Releases:
Version 01
Initial release. Mechanics-wise the game is fully playable without any annoyances. You can look up what items you need, where they drop, and what all the bonuses do.

Zarcon

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The story progress is just as the wiki translation left it...so basically just the intro with the king.
I don't have the capacity to translate the story myself so we're out of luck unless someone more capable comes along.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looking great mate!
smile.gif
I don't think you should really spend time on the story though, it's only a couple of lines in the entire game and it's not like you miss out on any of the fun
smile.gif

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
.................YES !!! YES !!! OH YES !!!! I was thinking hmm no updates for awhile until you came along. Haven't played this in awhile but I'll definitely get back to it now.
Thanks for continuing the english translation.
cry.gif
(Tears of joy)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unsure if these have since been corrected, but I spotted a few errors in the screenshot text.

5th screenshot = "Desert" should be "Dessert". "What do you want to prepare/make?" would also make slightly more sense, because you don't "cook" a salad.
6th screenshot = "Achivement" should be "Achievement"

Again, sorry if these have been handled already.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've finished this game, and I'll tell you right away: the story is absolutely worthless... everytime you meet the Demon King, he always asks you if you want to join him, or give up, or if you want loot/fame.

The only thing I'd say is important to translate is the final fight's chat. There's a bunch of choices, and a single wrong choice means you have to fight him again.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Blebleman said:
I've finished this game, and I'll tell you right away: the story is absolutely worthless... everytime you meet the Demon King, he always asks you if you want to join him, or give up, or if you want loot/fame.

The only thing I'd say is important to translate is the final fight's chat. There's a bunch of choices, and a single wrong choice means you have to fight him again.
+1. I hate that he keeps giving these annoying questions instead of just duking it out.

haven't gotten around to checking the new patch. will do some time today.

EDIT: i just noticed. the patch is still named "2ch"... vestiges of the patch's origins from 2channel?
happy.gif

Zarcon

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
injected11 said:
Unsure if these have since been corrected, but I spotted a few errors in the screenshot text.

5th screenshot = "Desert" should be "Dessert". "What do you want to prepare/make?" would also make slightly more sense, because you don't "cook" a salad.
6th screenshot = "Achivement" should be "Achievement"

Again, sorry if these have been handled already.Better safe than sorry.
tongue.gif

"Desert" is fixed in the latest patch, "Achivement" is fixed now that you pointed it out and will be included next patch.

So_tired said:
anyone got an idea as to how to transfer items between games?Trading?
Go to the boat and select the second option.
After that top option is Host and second option is Join.
Host trades first, joiner trades second (Though it's not really trading, more like gifting.)
The top option is items (Can trade up to 5 different items at a time) and bottom option is equipment (On at a time)
After both sides finish you'll be given a Yes/No (Left/Right) prompt asking if you want to do it again.

miss_DSlite said:
is the story translated at least 30% ?If you consider the intro with the King part of the story it probably is...that's how short and paper thin the story is.

QUOTE(ferofax @ Jun 6 2010, 02:51 AM) EDIT: i just noticed. the patch is still named "2ch"... vestiges of the patch's origins from 2channel?
happy.gif
Haha, nah, I'm guessing someone from 2ch dumped the game, I just named it after the release name.

I'm having some trouble with the graphics editing so I'm putting it on hold for now.
For those who know what any of this will mean, here's the header and such for NCGR files and NCG files.
CODE
NCGR:
5247434E FFFE0101 300A0000 1000 0100
5241 4843 200A 0000 FFFF FFFF 0300 0000
NCG:
4E434347 FFFE0001 60210000 1000 0400
4348 4152 1420 0000 2000 0000 0800 0000
NCGR files are no problem, easily extractable.
NCG files are...different and I don't have the know-how to figure it out. If I force load them it shows up all garbled. I can manage to view them with TileGGD somewhat, but it's still garbled and some tiles don't load the palette properly.
Same issue arises with NCLR and NCL files, though it seems I can find the palette in NCL files if I push the offset far enough.
(Where's DarthNemesis when you need his help? ToT)

Also, if anyone with the know-how would be willing to make a dumper/inserter for the DAT files I'd be grateful as I want to retranslate/fix up the item/eqiupment lists. I'd ask the original starter of this project (takashio) for the tools he developed but he's MIA.

For now I'll retranslate the skill names and start on their descriptions since the names are too vague to tell you what certain skills do.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
good idea on the skills. i've got a few of my online buddies to play this game using your patch, and most of the feedback i got are on what the skills do (although some are already getting the hang of most of the stuff ingame).

good work, man.
smile.gif

takashio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zarcon, you rule
biggrin.gif

Really sorry for abandoning the translation and thank you for picking it up again. I'm starting my old computer and compiling the tools in non-debug mode right now. They're very simple command line builds that take in direct copies of the translation wiki format, what is no good since it was spammed out of existence. Let me see what I can do about that as well.

But first, here we go - Visual Studio 2008 source code and Release exe's.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdxnftjezqz

Code:
ex_item_param:

Extracts item_param.dat data - use ex_item_param [filename] to extract all values of item_param.dat (in the same folder as the .exe).
Insert data in item_param.dat - use ex_item_param without any parameter to insert values from item_param.txt into item_param.dat

ex_weapon_param:

Extracts weapon_param.dat data - use ex_weapon_param [filename] to extract all values of weapon_param.dat (in the same folder as the .exe).
Insert data in weapon_param.dat - use ex_weapon_param without any parameter to insert values from weapon_param.txt into weapon_param.dat

doku_tool extracts the text files into wiki format and vice versa, so it isn't very usefull right now.

EDIT:

Here is a pack with all the text content of the wiki.
http://www.mediafire.com/?54z24wdmwj4

I had no patience to do the image extractor-inserter tools, so I mostly used CrystalTile to extract the tiles, individually reassembling them in Photoshop, editing them and then reinserting them back in the original order. This is enough for a simple game like this, but it _is_ time consuming.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
wow, nice to see back takashio! and those tools would help a bunch too.
happy.gif
the wiki was a sad affair, as having that means people can pitch in on translations and editing. but for this game, just gameplay related stuff would be more than enough. one of my friends is actually on a second tower right now (i didn't know there was a second one!). maybe it shows up on the map list of islands? i always thought that was islands of people you play with that opens up to you through Cross World.

anyways, hope to see more from this thread! (still no luck with assassin. what a bitch, lol).

takashio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been reading the original thread and I'm really excited how everyone kept working on this and releasing patches, what a great community. If anyone wants I'll reset the wiki and assign accounts for the people behind the effort.

I'd like to know more about the Added Effects bugs - The tool might break when replacement text is longer than expected, and some offset values were mostly trial and error. I need a screenshot or the exact text of the bug so I can compare the binaries and figure out my mistakes - that much I can help at the moment.

Zarcon

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
takashio said:
I've been reading the original thread and I'm really excited how everyone kept working on this and releasing patches, what a great community. If anyone wants I'll reset the wiki and assign accounts for the people behind the effort.

I'd like to know more about the Added Effects bugs - The tool might break when replacement text is longer than expected, and some offset values were mostly trial and error. I need a screenshot or the exact text of the bug so I can compare the binaries and figure out my mistakes - that much I can help at the moment.
Well, I fixed that bug...or rather, I made a workaround, haha.
I found another "space" character in the font file and used that instead.
All of my additions to the translation have all been manually hex edited in by me since, well, I'm no hacker/programmer.

To be honest I kind of lost motivation after I couldn't figure out how to extract NCG/NCL files, but now that you're back I'm a bit remotivated.

I'd really like to edit all the menu images and be done with them, but I suppose I'll finish up my (re)translation of the skill names/descriptions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone